PDA

View Full Version : The 10th Planet?

E-ZooZoo One
04/05/2006, 08:36 AM
If this had only happened once, I probably wouldn’t even bother reporting it, but it’s happened twice in less than a week, so here goes…

I know that for some people the VX has a certain irresistible gravitational pull, but I’ve recently become aware of just how strong that force can be.

On two separate occasions now, while parked near the street entrance of the local Wally-World, with no other vehicles around us – Kathy and I have been ORBITED by passing motorists. --- In both instances, the circling vehicles just happened to be late model Chevrolet Pickups (one black, one silver).

The first time, I suppose we were only interesting enough to the driver and passenger to warrant one revolution… However, the second time, we sort of started feeling like a couple of fish in a free-standing aquarium, when the driver chose to make a second lap around us.

Friends, I gotta tell ya, it’s a pretty strange feeling to have people driving in complete circles around your vehicle while you’re still sitting in it – rubbernecking and acting like it’s some sort of grounded alien spaceship… but I guess that’s just something I’ll have to get used to. :coolgray: :laughgray

johnnyapollo
04/05/2006, 08:49 AM
Hey Smiley,

You need to be careful - My VX was actually hit by a planet once (put a dent on the roof).

-- John

Ldub
04/05/2006, 09:22 AM
Due to the fact that I'm not a big fan of door dings etc.,& the exercise isn't going to hurt me either, I usually park towards the outer areas of any given parking lot.
About 90+% of the time when I come out of the store, there will be 1-3 cars parked in close proximity to mine.
Yeah, we've got gravitational pull allright! :rolleyes:

Ldub

E-ZooZoo One
04/05/2006, 10:22 AM
Somewhat related…

I’ve GOTTA get me one of these:

http://www.mobile-designs.com/MDCatalog/WindowStickers/thumbnails/Peein-Alien_gif.jpg

:laughgray :laughgray :laughgray

etlsport
04/05/2006, 10:29 AM
i do the same thing.. parking where nobody else is, and inevitably when i come out there is a car parked directly infront of me...

actually the other day, just so happened the person in front of me was going to the same store as me... after parking the girl who was driving infront of me stopped me to ask about the VX... she said it looked like a RAV4 on steriods.. mildly insulting i suppose.. but i still love the attention

WormGod
04/06/2006, 07:11 AM
I am actually a fan of parking in congested areas (not much else around DC). I will sit and drink a coffee while watcjing people gawk at the VX, and also, checking them out as they pull into tight areas near me. I noticed, at least 90% of the cars on the road.... when they open their doors next to you and they actually make contact with the VX, they hit the cladding anyways. BRILLIANT DESIGN!

Works for me, and luckily, after 5 years of having a VX.... not a single ding.