PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure regulator?

etlsport
03/30/2006, 06:21 PM
i posted a few weeks ago cause my vx started slow if the engine was still warm... and the general thought was its probably an issue with my fuel pressure regulator... havent gotten around to replacing it but today on the highway i got an engine shudder (felt like a stall, but engine didnt cut out) a check engine light and then i couldnt rev above 1500 rpms, no reponse from the gas.. so i pulled over, killed the engine, started it back up, and there was no check engine light, and i had no problems revving and no power loss, so i just drove on and had no problems after that...

would a faulty fuel pressure regulator cause that?? i hope any thoughts would be appreciated

Hotsauce
03/30/2006, 06:44 PM
The CEL will set a stored code that can be read. Post the code and we will have more information.

It sounds more like loose airflow meter connector.

John C.

etlsport
04/01/2006, 05:51 AM
still driving fine, so im not too worried about it... but i did order a scanner from tone, so when that comes in ill be posting the CEL code

SPAZZ
04/01/2006, 09:22 PM
fuel filter..not fuel pressure reg.

Fuel pressure reg would either run rich or lean. Prob with

rich: Poor fuel economy, Hard start
lean: miss fire, back fire

a fuel filter clogged would cause no fuel to pass resulting in a stalling engine or cutting out. I have been starnded in the middle of nowhere in my Dodge Charger when I was 16 due to a plugged up fuel filter. I simple $10 part. Easy to change my passenger wheel underneath.

LittleBeast
04/02/2006, 11:12 PM
I simple $10 part. Easy to change my passenger wheel underneath.

uhh...I have read these two sentences a dozen times and still don't know exactly what is going on here. Ok so the part is $10, I got that I think, the part is easily replaced and it is located somewhere underneath Spazz's passenger wheel?

Seriously though I probably need to replace this as well, does anyone know if you need to remove the passenger wheel to get to it or if this is just the general area it is located.

Ldub
04/03/2006, 03:53 AM
Naaa...just crawl under in front of the r/r tire & look up. On the frame you'll see a 2.25-3.0" dia. (about) cylinder shaped hunk of metal with a hose coming out either end fastened to the frame...that's it.
Also try a search here for more info., as I remember more detailed instructions in past posts.
Ldub

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/03/2006, 06:48 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=1673&highlight=fuel+filter

etlsport
04/07/2006, 06:15 AM
got my scan gauge in yesterday... didnt find any codes stored though... maybe i imagined it and the check engine light didnt come on until after i killed the engine? oh well... shes running fine... but to be safe ill be replacing the fuel filter this weekend and placing an order for the FPR