PDA

View Full Version : WOW... Warranty worked for me!

driver3
03/30/2006, 06:26 AM
For those of you that it did not, I'm not rubbing it in. I wanted to praise the dealer ( I know... weird ) for the quick work and diagnosis.

Friday 3/24
I was driving up Monarch pass near Monarch, CO on my way to Crested Butte for some great snowboarding. I hear this soft rattle on the way up the pass.... it gets louder. I stop to check it out, check my oil, it's fine, look around, nothing I can see, and it doesn't seem like I've lost power really. Start her back up.. now it's banging...I make it to Gunnison. It's 6:30, no shops are open, but Triple Cross towing.. the owner checks out my car, says it's most likely a rod. I have it towed back to Colorado Springs.. $650. My friends pick me up to go snowboarding.. I rent a car to get home from the Gunnison airport, I will deal with it on Monday.

Monday - Wed (3/27-3/29)
Diagnosis: "CUSTOMER STATES ENGINE MAKES NOISE. CHECK AND ADVISE PERFORMED DIAGNOSIS AND INSPECTION. FOUND INTERNAL ENGINE FAILURE. #1 AND #2 ROD BEARINGS SPUN. CUSTOMER PROVIDED MAINTINENCE RECORDS. ENGINE REPLACEMENT AUTHORIZED 03/27/06 14:30. REPLACE ENGINE ASSEMBLY TRANSFERED ALL REQUIRED PARTS. TEST DROVE VEHICLE TO VERIFY ALL REPAIRS"

WOW... I had 102,800 miles... original owner on my 2001 Ironman... had the documentation.. got the NEW engine.. 3 days... I wil lhave to say that McCloskey Isuzu in Colorado Springs is amazing. The best dealer I have ever dealt with. I've had cd changer issues, a blown rear axle seal, burned wheel bearings (not that bad) and had issues. This was clean, no arguments, just quick warranty work. They even had the new engine in the shop.

Thanks Steve from McCloskey

Maugan_VX
03/30/2006, 07:11 AM
glad it all worked out for you. Its good to hear the pleasant stories every once in a while!

VehiX
03/30/2006, 10:30 AM
Cool beans, glad this worked out for you. You had it covered under warranty with that many miles on it? I didn't know they covered that high milage? :confused:

Anita
03/30/2006, 02:53 PM
Original owner for a 2000 or 2001 model: Warranty is for 10 years or 120K miles