PDA

View Full Version : Shop Manual CD

etlsport
03/24/2006, 09:21 AM
hey guys, i tried downloading the shop manual from Tone and installed it and burned it to a disc called "VX00ESI1".... but i get a message saying the CD isnt in the CD-ROM when i try to open the manual... anyone whos gotten it to work know what i did wrong?
thanks

eric

VX4EJR
03/24/2006, 10:03 AM
Don't know about getting that thing to run but.....
Philly in the houz! Whassup.

CSTYLES
03/24/2006, 10:05 AM
I got the CD manual from Tone w/ the receiver trailer hitch. I couldn;t get it to work on my laptop (running Windows XP service pack 2), so as a last ditch effort I loaded it on an old pc running windows 98. You could try that with the burned CD, it should work.

creeg
03/24/2006, 10:30 AM
I got it to install with no problem on my XP machine. I think I had to download some reader, or install something (I dont remember what) but it worked fine.

and Ive only had it about 1 month, so its not an old copy or anything.

VehiX
03/24/2006, 11:49 AM
Stupid question.....but I have to ask...

Is the CD in the CD ROM Drive? :_wtf:

Mine only gives that error when I select the manual's icon on my system to open it but the actual CD is not in the drive. It needs to refer to the CD for the contents I guess for some reason. As soon as I put the cd in the drive, it opens right up.

etlsport
03/24/2006, 01:06 PM
got it! turns out i had to copy just the files onto a CD and not the VX-Manual folder and all the folders leading up to it... thanks for the replies...

..hey vx4... did you have a guy following you around in an audi honking the other day? if you did i apologize, my friend didnt consider the fact that there might be another silver VX in the area... haha

Tone
03/24/2006, 01:18 PM
Drop me an email if you want a copy of the CD (the one I ship has 500MB of VX movies and images I've collected. I regularly download the file on my page and burn to a CD without a problem under XP.

etlsport
03/24/2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks Tone, i got it working, turns out I just put too much on the CD, appreciate the offer, and the download, the manual is great