PDA

View Full Version : Daver, Where did you get the black OZ wheels?

Teckhardt
06/21/2002, 07:20 PM
I thought they were not available anymore :confused:

Daver
06/21/2002, 07:39 PM
dutchman helped me order them from a company in Japan. Last I knew they were never available in the US.

Shipping was pretty extreme.

Doesn't look like the company that dealt the wheels to the company I bought them from is still around. I wouldn't know where to find them now.

dutchie
06/21/2002, 08:37 PM
It's no problem to find them over here, as a matter of fact I can buy them next door, they are around $300,- maybe a little cheaper. Like Dave said, they're awsome, but pricey when it comes to shipping. In case of Dave, he bought them through shuei and they only send by air, I might be able to send them by surface, which will make it a little cheaper but sloooooooow!
Let me know!
Dutchie

Teckhardt
06/22/2002, 06:43 AM
Is it the same OZ Crono Evo that Tire Rack stocks just in black or is it a totally different wheel?

Daver
06/22/2002, 08:55 AM
Same style, different wheel. That's the "O.Z. Crono Evolution," mine is the "O.Z. Crono 4x4." Difference being the sizes available, hub size, bolt patterns, etc.

The Evolution is a restyle of the old Crono for cars, and the Crono 4x4 is the older design.

I looked all over the US for the Crono 4x4, and the reality is that O.Z. never imported that wheel. A O.Z. rep told me so. Dealers were not interested. Tire Rack does sell O.Z. 4x4 wheels...Vela and Nova, IIRC. You won't find the Crono 4x4 on the O.Z. US site, either: http://www.ozwheels.com

Believe me when I say I researched this, and believe me when I say shipping was extreme. :)

Teckhardt
06/22/2002, 09:40 PM
Well, your hard work paid off. They look great.