PDA

View Full Version : Need to paint my NEW DOOR

Francesco Rizzo
03/21/2006, 11:10 AM
I completely removed everything from my new (new to me) door I got to replace the damaged one I have now. I figured any color door would still have to be painted to match so I wasn't too uspet that this one's black.. Anyway, how much do you figure it would cost to paint only a door.. I mean should I attempt to spray the door jams myself and mount it so they could simple spay and fade in the white.. I figured the edges wouldn't stant out too much so even if it's not a match, who cares as long as what visible 99% of the time looks good.. no? I know how much white sucks to match. The other opption is should I get it painted and then just hope for the best.. I figure the black would screw up the latter. oh. and idea on cost/hours it might take. I'll probly just mount it so they won't even have to take anything apart.

Apostle
03/21/2006, 11:20 AM
If you already removed everything from the door, i personally would have them do the whole thing. If they are spraying one part might as well do the whole door.

cost should run you around $200 (if you take off everything: rubber, glass, etc..) so they have no prepping to do whatsoever.

They would have to blast it, probably remove the black, but primer and paint shouldnt cost alot.

Check Maco (sp?). they usually have good deals

Joe_Black
03/21/2006, 01:42 PM
Get with Chopper as his shop is just a bit north of you and I've heard some great things from folk who have done work there.

Francesco Rizzo
03/21/2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, it's just a shell hanging out in my living room.. no garage avl. Actually, Maco was the first place I called and they want quite a bit more than two hundred bucks.. said that every door jam is 60 bucks and would come to 475 complete to do the quarter pannels and door to fade it in right. Are the door jams not the actual truck itself and not the door? This price would mean just having them just paint, hang and finish with no install of door internals like window/track/motor/lock... etc. Looks like I'm shopping around a bit more. I might just go to a different place and see what they say here around orando.. thanks for the quick quote.. I like it better than maco's

creeg
03/21/2006, 04:27 PM
I dont see how they could charge that much just to paint a freestanding door. A couple years ago, I went to a junkyard and got a new door for my dented one, took it to a shop, and they repainted it AND swapped the hardware AND remounted it for under $200. It didnt have power locks or power windows, but still- you should not have to pay $400.

The only thing Im not sure about: when you say you need to paint the door jams- what do you mean? is that part of the door opening, or part of the door itself?

Are you JUST getting the door painted, or some other part of the car, too?

You mention the quarter panels in your post, so dont know if you are talking about somethign else.

Chopper
03/21/2006, 06:39 PM
Frank.....get with Angelo, on Carswell av. in Holly Hill. Between like 5th and 6th. Another good choice is Jim Olmstead at Collision Station, right in your neighborhood and my name carries a bit of weight there (you'll be treated fairly anyhow and the paintwork is good) By the by... you can't show up with just the doorskin (or door) we need the car to match the color. I'd suggest us, but we're just slammed, booked for the next six weeks, at least . Look, if you get no satisfaction down there, give me a call, we'll work something. Wayne

Chopper
03/21/2006, 06:43 PM
Flagler Collision 386-446-0224

Francesco Rizzo
03/23/2006, 09:13 AM
thanks everyone for the support.. I live inorlando now so I might try to get some estimates around here. I think 475 from maaco is a bit much considering the doors already gutted and ready to hang. I'll call the places around daytona.. wouldn't mind spending a few days out there hangin out while my truck gets worked on.