PDA

View Full Version : Crashed into while parked!

Panther_Black_VX
04/14/2003, 06:59 AM
A high speed intersection collision sent the two cars involved careening into the back of my PARKED VX in Brooklyn around 12:30 am this morning. The impact was so forcefully I was pushed 6 feet forward and into the car in front of me.

Surprisingly the damage was comparatively light considering one car had EXETENSIVE damage and the other is more than likely totaled.

My back cladding is dented badly. But no so bad that it is immediately noticeable. However, it does need to be replaced. The truck still opens fine. There is a big dent underneath the back around a tank. Is that the gas tank? Front bumper is noticeably dented and the indicators light were smashed and the housings compressed. However, they still work, as the bulbs are still intact.

The cops marveled at how much less damage it seemed I had compared to the other two cars. I drove her and could not perceive any difference in its ride. What a truck!

How easy is it to replace cladding?

Interestingly I have been too lazy to install the safari bar and hitch I got from Tone. And too busy to get to the Line-X shop to spray my cladding. So at least I still have my stuff.

I took pictures of the crash and damage. Going to develop them today and try and get them posted.

Any advise on anything to watch out for would appreciated...

Bantan
04/14/2003, 07:26 AM
Damn Bro, That really sucks, I feel your pain. are you physically ok?

Panther_Black_VX
04/14/2003, 07:31 AM
Yup. Car was empty.... Thanks!

edyavno
04/14/2003, 08:35 AM
Ouch!
Glad to hear you are fine, and your VX sustained little damage.
Make sure you have the police report. You've already talked to your insurance company, right? Not sure if you can get anything out of the crashed car owner's insurance, but check that too.

- Ed Y.

Navigator
04/14/2003, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear you and your VX are still in good shape and covered by insurance. If only there were a force field mod...SHIELDS UP!

IsuZOOM
04/14/2003, 09:00 AM
That's the 2nd or 3rd post I've read after an accident marvelling at the strength of the VX! I guess the heft pays off!

AlaskaVX
04/14/2003, 12:53 PM
That heft of the VX saved my 12" Subs from getting shot! "bulletproof" back door.

WyrreJ
04/14/2003, 06:53 PM
Come on dude, don't leave us hanging! With line like that, there has got to be a story in there...

Amack76
04/15/2003, 11:52 AM
the cladding is supper easy to replace, if you need directions i will gladly help. ireplaced alot of my cladding from when i bought it because of scratches.

TimG
04/15/2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
Come on dude, don't leave us hanging! With line like that, there has got to be a story in there...
The story is here. (http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/003234.html)