PDA

View Full Version : biggest grrrrr of all time

Amack76
04/14/2003, 12:31 AM
some people might have read my thread a few months ago.... with no progresss...........my check engine light came on a week before my warranty was up so i quickly brought it in to the dealership. they said, no prob it a burnt o2 sensor. they canged it. check engine light came back on week later after warranty expired they said no prob well still fix it since its same problem. that was october. like clock work the check engine comes on and throws me the burt o2 sensor when ever it wants the dealership is always willing to repair it, but the funny thing is the sensor s NEVER burnt, the admitted this to me. i have brought the car back a total of 18 times since october (all a day stay or more) and they still have no clue what is wrong. when i contacted isuzu corporate, they told me they couldn't help me and to call the better buiseness buereu on the dealership. what the hell?..........and to add more fun my vx likes to conk out at stop lights now, when i brought it into the dealership they said nothing is wrong with it?grrrr i am at my wits end, amd i have been told by many that the only person in the world who can give me sound advise is Tone, but i am open for suggestions from anyone. My baby is sick and needs help. :-(

Frank p
99 vx black
34000 miles

Hotsauce
04/14/2003, 02:38 AM
Could be a leak in the EGR system causing this code. check the big 22mm nut under the EGR valve, and also the gasket.

The code is most likely a lean O2 code caused by the admission of unmetered air somewhere.

John C.

Tone
04/14/2003, 03:58 AM
Hi Frank, sorry to hear of your troubles. I appreciate the kind words but I am not all knowing... Anyway, I’d suggest getting an analysis of the problem from either another dealer or an independentshop. My dealer went nuts (and me as well) tracing down a problem with the shift modulator - they would put one in and it would blow the next day or month, totally random. Bet they did that 10 times before pulling the front end apart and finding a loose wire that was shorting out - and this dealer was a 2 hr drive from me! Problems like this ARE extremely frustration and at least the dealer is still willing to look at it.

andy454
04/14/2003, 06:13 AM
Can you find out the exact code it is setting? Let me know and I can give you a few things to try.
Andy

Dallas4u
04/14/2003, 08:29 AM
This board alone is so much better than a single dealership. I agree... give Andy your code AND take it to another dealer (if possible) and/or an independant shop. You can never get too much help!!!

Amack76
04/14/2003, 10:56 AM
the codes were
p0101
p0137
p0157
p1171

can anyone tell me what the errors are. and give me a list of what the dealer should check when i bring it in

andy454
04/15/2003, 06:34 AM
I will check on them later today and come up with a few things to try.

Green Dragon
04/15/2003, 06:52 AM
A link to the Codes.

Appears that you might be running LEAN!

http://www.batauto.com/isuzu/iszuobd2.shtml

Dragon Bob;pg;

andy454
04/15/2003, 07:16 AM
P0101Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
P0137HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0157HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
Are you sure p1171 is not p0171? I can't seem to find 1171.
It looks like you are running lean due to a vacuum leak or something. The maf code is a big clue. P0171 is a lean bank 1. When you take it in have them look at the fuel trims and I bet they will be lean. I would check the intake gasket for any leaks. I don't think they are going after the true problem by replacing the sensors. I think the sensors are doing their job, but the dealer is not finding the cause.

Zu4two
04/16/2003, 12:52 AM
Not to correct the expert...
But P0101 is "MAF system performance" and my list has P1171 as "fuel system lean during acceleration". Codes 137,157 & 1171 all would occur if there is a problem with the fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter. Codes 101,137 & 157 all would occur if there was a vacuum leak. But if you look at all 4 codes, there is not a common denominator between them. I would ask the dealer to;
1. Perform a fuel pressure test.
2. Check for air leaks down stream of the MAF (MAF is the sensor on the side of the airbox), so this would include the thick black tube going from the airbox to the front center of the engine, the throttle body, intake gaskets, vacuum lines, EGR valve and tube, etc.

You might look for another dealer also, since these guys don't sound too bright.

Of course these are just my observations and I am not an expert

Kirk

andy454
04/16/2003, 06:21 AM
It's lean. Either too much air or not enough fuel. I would still be more concerned with too much air due to the maf code.