PDA

View Full Version : HELP my VX ate my CDs :-( (Orlando, FL)

FLBeachgirl
03/17/2006, 02:42 PM
So I know absolutely nothing about fixing anything having to do with cars or electronics and wouldnt you know something breaks on my VX that involves both.

So the problem is my CD changer is full and yet its reading as empty. It wont play or eject any of the CDs because it doesnt know they are in there and i cant put one in to trigger it because all the slots are full.

Im too scared to tackle this problem myself and Im not sure who i should take it to.

I now live in the Orlando area so if anyone wants to get together soemtime and help me fix this and/or recommend a place in central florida i should take it too that would be greatly appreciated

:-)

rowhard
03/17/2006, 04:58 PM
There is a write-up about how to remove cd's under the how to section, sounds

climbcovey
03/17/2006, 05:32 PM
I had the same problem, I wasn't fortunate enough to have been a member of this sight at the time. I destroyed my cd changer getting them out. hopefully you will fair better with this site as a reference. If not, the good news is you can order a brand spanking new cd changer from isuzu for about $120. you may be able to find a used one cheaper but be careful. This seems to be a common problem and is likely to occur again with any unit. I looked for an aftermarket in dash changer with the same deminsions. I had no luck.

SPAZZ
03/17/2006, 05:33 PM
and a new changer!!!

Anita
03/17/2006, 10:50 PM
For 10 to 15 minutes..

Turn ignition on/off
press eject button
Bang left side of changer

Be creative in the order but be persistant. If it doesnt work after that, try the posted removal thats on the site.

Panther_Black_VX
03/18/2006, 07:13 AM
For 10 to 15 minutes..

Turn ignition on/off
press eject button
Bang left side of changer

Be creative in the order but be persistant. If it doesnt work after that, try the posted removal thats on the site.I actually left it alone for a few days, then tried again.. <figured it was mad at me or something>, then it worked...

I didn't question, just took my CDs and kindly thanked the changer and promised not to do whatever it is I did.. We've been cool ever since... Well kind of.. I used my Ipod now instead... :)

Hey Anita!

Apostle
03/18/2006, 10:30 AM
One thing that may help, and i noticed this with mine, dont stack more then 3. 1,2,3,5,6

never had any issues

FLBeachgirl
03/19/2006, 10:06 AM
thanks for all the tips!

Im sure i will be trying them all!

I will keep you posted on how it goes

Thanks again

climbcovey
03/20/2006, 04:15 AM
by the way, if u decide to go to isuzu for a new changer, don't use the bfh on the old one because isuzu will want to old one traded in so the can get it refurbed.