PDA

View Full Version : Dim Nipples

Bimati
03/17/2006, 12:22 PM
Maybe I missed the thread somewhere, the small lights right above my headlights (ear lights, horn lights, nipple lights...whatever you call them) are so dim that I didn't even know there were bulbs in there until MSHardeman showed them to me. I have tried Amber LED, Clear LED, clear, amber, yellow, blue, larger blue, larger amber, and they are all very dim.

I was hoping to ultimately find a nice green glow that is clearly visible similar to driving lights. HELPPPPPPPPPP. Thanks.

mbeach
03/17/2006, 03:54 PM
The nipples should be pink.

Joe_Black
03/17/2006, 04:44 PM
Their proper name is "Horn Lights" and I've been running a 4-LED green bulb with good success for about 3 years. They're very bright with a distinct, vibrant green glow that gets heads turning in traffic. Fortunately no attention from any law enforcement! ;)

In any case, there's a tremendous variety of inexpensive multi-LED lights that you can try to find what suits you. I got mine from eBay for all of about $9 shipped, and that was 3 years ago.

Bimati
03/17/2006, 05:07 PM
Any particular brand names? I am running a 4-LED Sylvania Amber setup now and it's very weak. Thanks.

Scott Harness
03/17/2006, 05:13 PM
Bimati,check the home page at the top of recent reviews. Moncha has a good review.

Moncha
03/19/2006, 07:09 AM
Here's some help....

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=4

See what you think.

Bimati
03/19/2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks gents.

Moncha - GREAT information. Thanks a bunch. I've got the lights on order from Super Lumination.

Bimota/Ducati....Bimati

etlsport
03/19/2006, 05:05 PM
after reading the post i went and looked at my horn lights... and realized the drivers side is much dimmer than the passenger side.. pulled the lights out and found out that the drivers side bulb only works when its pulled halfway out of the socket... and the passenger side one works when its all the way in... could u have had the same sorta problem with both sides to make them dimmer?