PDA

View Full Version : I'd trade the VX for this...

Triathlete
03/16/2006, 09:36 PM
http://ru.fishki.net/picsn/vepr_01.jpg

http://ru.fishki.net/picsn/vepr_04.jpg

http://ru.fishki.net/picsn/vepr_03.jpg
:yesy: :_drool: :thumbup:

ColoCROSS
03/16/2006, 09:48 PM
What is it?

Ruflyf
03/17/2006, 05:28 AM
Very strange looking, I am thinking its Russian. Looks like a Subaru steering wheel

tomdietrying
03/17/2006, 06:20 AM
I agree with Billy.

BTW, the guy sitting in the drivers seat looks like Vitalali Klitschko. He's used to hold a portion of the Heavyweight Title. He's also from Ukraine.

Peace.
Tom

transio
03/17/2006, 07:29 AM
The front says "VEPR". Google says that's a gun manufacturer.

The nose looks like it rear-ended someone (squished).

Triathlete
03/17/2006, 07:40 AM
Its a Ukranian built VEPR. It is built on a military platform.

VehiGAZ
03/17/2006, 10:37 AM
Ukraine is STRONG!!

;-)

Andrey
03/17/2006, 12:36 PM
Comon - I am from Ukraine.... they should make something good right ? Did you see that plane Mriya ? THE LARGEST cargo plane in the world
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/transport-m/an225/pics01.shtml

and now this. How about I go there - negotiate a group deal with comrades so we can save some money together, :)

The yellow banner on the car says "Mayor of Kiev"

transio
03/17/2006, 02:41 PM
Did you see that plane Mriya ? THE LARGEST cargo plane in the worldYou mean besides Hughes' "Spruce Goose" right? Since when is bigger a good thing, anyway?

LiquidVX
03/17/2006, 03:07 PM
I thought the Airbus Beluga was now the worlds largest.

mbeach
03/17/2006, 04:01 PM
Large cargo planes require large runways and specialized material handling equipment.

Bigger is not better. That's why the C-130 is still being used -it has watched far larger cargo aircraft come and go for 50 years.

VehiGAZ
03/17/2006, 04:14 PM
Andrey, I am Ukrainian too! Ukrainian-American, anyway. My parents are from Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk, but met and married here in the US. They were refugees during WW2.

We should get together for some horilka!

Joe Izusu
03/17/2006, 04:40 PM
Awesome

Heraclid
03/17/2006, 04:53 PM
Looks like an insect... and not many of those are pretty. Looks like a bunch of mismatched design elements thrown together. Some cool stuff maybe, but it's not looking so good together.

mbeach
03/17/2006, 04:58 PM
it's a bit PTCruiserish, but I dig the tall, skinny tire look.

From the looks of the lower control arms (and their relationship to the wheel's center), this vehicle has portal style axles. Very cool.

Andrey
03/17/2006, 06:42 PM
Andrey, I am Ukrainian too! Ukrainian-American, anyway. My parents are from Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk, but met and married here in the US. They were refugees during WW2.

We should get together for some horilka!

Cool ! When I was a child I've traveled to Ivano-Frankivsk. Never been to Lviv - people say it is nice and University there is very good - especially Latin department - trust me I know... I had a Latin professor from Lviv University.

Andrey
03/17/2006, 09:25 PM
You mean besides Hughes' "Spruce Goose" right? Since when is bigger a good thing, anyway?

Here is the answer - for now it is the largest plane in the world... see bottom of the web page for details on standards in measuring planes - measurment by weight rather then wingspan...

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/design/q0188.shtml

Hotsauce
03/19/2006, 03:50 AM
http://www.topwords.com.ua/Mobilnews/2006/03/m1864.htm

rough translation:

"Yesterday under Vitaly Klitschko's patronage, the first Ukrainian jeep developed has been presented and collected by engineers of the company 'the Kremenchug motor transportation enterprise' creation for a basis has been taken a military complex the Chain armour. In spite of the fact that the peace car, instead of the militarian, the case of the machine The first Ukrainian jeep 5 meter length and 2 meter heights. Weight over 3 tons. As release of updating in a representation class is planned. Initial cost of 70 thousand US dollars."

John C.

Yefim
03/19/2006, 06:58 PM
Some additional pictures including some interior and the rear. I absolutely hate the rear side btw, doesn't it look like the funeral car that is used to transport coffins?? That just ruined it for me. Also, top speed 68 miles/hour?? Thank you very much, I'll stick to my VX! :p

http://apper.ru/2006/03/19/ukrainskijj_khammer_pod_nazvaniem_vepr.html

Another rough translation of the text at the bottom:

"Italian-Ukrainian enterprise 'Iveco-Motor-Sich', together with the auto enterprise 'ATP-15356' (Kremenchug, the Poltava area), have begun manufacturing of the cross-country vehicle 'VEPR' in Kremenchug. 'VEPR' is capable of transporting 21 people. It is equipped with 8 cylinders engine IVECO of 'EURO-2' type and reaches a top speed of 110 km/h (68 miles/hour??) , weight about 4 tons, fuel consumption 14 liters on 100 km (16.8 m/g), ground clearance - 510 mm (20.1 inch)"

Triathlete
03/19/2006, 08:13 PM
Gets better gas mileage than most VX's and holds 21 people! :thumbup: I can take all my friends wheeling!
And I agree the back is kind of ugly. But the interior looks pretty sweet.

transio
03/19/2006, 09:19 PM
Here is the answer - for now it is the largest plane in the world... see bottom of the web page for details on standards in measuring planes - measurment by weight rather then wingspan...

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/design/q0188.shtml
This site uses flawed logic. They start by stating that "ranking" of aircraft is denoted by weight (which makes sense for many reasons). But then, they jump to the conclusion that greater ranking denotes greater size. :confused:

Weight is a measure of mass * gravity. Size is a measure of physical dimensions, independent of mass. In space, planes would all be weightless. Which would be the largest then? The same that is largest now. Because Ukrainian airplanes are more dense :p ;) doesn't make them bigger. It makes them less efficient! ;)

By the logic presented at aerospaceweb, a 1 meter diameter sphere of gold is BIGGER than a 1 meter diameter sphere of copper because it weighs more. :rolleyes: You and I know they are exactly the same size.

Everyone knows that SIZE is a measure of VOLUME (in a 3-dimensional object), or LENGTH (in a 2-dimensional object). A 12" steel ruler is not longer than a 24" wood ruler because it weighs more.

Hughes' H-4 Hercules has the largest wingspan (2-dimensional measurement of size) of any aircraft ever, AND the largest interior volume (3-dimensional measurement of size) of any aircraft ever. So it's still the "largest".

I don't care what brainless scientist wants to convince us that weight is indicative of dimensional size. They're idiots - applying their KNOWLEDGE improperly. They KNOW that something is classed as a "greater" airplane, but are incapable of accepting multiple classifications of greatness, so they have to devise a singular measurement thereof.

Despite her brainless, baseless technobabble, the author can't complete the article without adding a nod and including a reference to the greatness of the Hercules, thereby disqualifying her own assertion that the Ar-225 has the sole record for greatness based upon a singular subjective measurement.

Instead, the article leaves the reader drowning in ambiguity. :rolleyes:

Francesco Rizzo
03/19/2006, 09:32 PM
No, I heard it on the discovery channel that the russian bear airplane thing is the biggest.. and we all know everything on tv is true.. the H-4 is only creditted with mondernizing the cockpit.

Petos
03/20/2006, 02:08 AM
I wander how they plan to fit 21 people into the truck!!? I say bull****!
FYI, VEPR means "wild boar" in Russian

Ruflyf
03/20/2006, 05:12 AM
and it even has dual exhaust. lol

Andrey
03/20/2006, 07:27 AM
looks like 3 winshield wipers ?

Andrey
03/20/2006, 07:29 AM
Some additional pictures including some interior and the rear. I absolutely hate the rear side btw, doesn't it look like the funeral car that is used to transport coffins?? That just ruined it for me. Also, top speed 68 miles/hour?? Thank you very much, I'll stick to my VX! :p

http://apper.ru/2006/03/19/ukrainskijj_khammer_pod_nazvaniem_vepr.html

Another rough translation of the text at the bottom:

"Italian-Ukrainian enterprise 'Iveco-Motor-Sich', together with the auto enterprise 'ATP-15356' (Kremenchug, the Poltava area), have begun manufacturing of the cross-country vehicle 'VEPR' in Kremenchug. 'VEPR' is capable of transporting 21 people. It is equipped with 8 cylinders engine IVECO of 'EURO-2' type and reaches a top speed of 110 km/h (68 miles/hour??) , weight about 4 tons, fuel consumption 14 liters on 100 km (16.8 m/g), ground clearance - 510 mm (20.1 inch)"

takes disel !

Yefim
03/20/2006, 08:58 AM
I wander how they plan to fit 21 people into the truck!!? I say bull****!
FYI, VEPR means "wild boar" in Russian
Who told you they are talking about live people here ;) This is a great russian mafia truck!

Triathlete
03/20/2006, 09:09 AM
Wonder how long it will be till we see one in the US running around with spinners and lo profile tires on it? ;puke2; ;puke2; ;puke2;

VehiGAZ
03/20/2006, 10:28 AM
I think the one that can haul 21 people is the one BEHIND the vehicle in question...

Andrey
03/20/2006, 10:34 AM
Who told you they are talking about live people here ;) This is a great russian mafia truck!

:)

Andrey
03/21/2006, 11:11 AM
Priced at 70K :eek: