PDA

View Full Version : Serendipity

MSHardeman
03/16/2006, 08:44 AM
Had a strange thing happen last night, and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else on the board.

Bimati and I have been in contact with each other, because we live a couple of hours away from each other in Colorado. Bimati regularly comes to my town on business, so I told him to give me a call the next time he was in town.

He called, last night, to say that he would be coming to town today on business, and was wondering if I had some time to get together so the VX's could meet. After introductions, and general chit-chat about the VX, he said that he would be at some architecture firm on Main Street in Basalt to fix/recharge a postage machine. As far as I know, there is only one architecture firm on Main Street in Basalt, CO...the one I work for. I asked what the name of the firm was, and sure enough, it was mine. It was quiet for a couple of seconds as it sank in, the we both laughed about it.

What the heck are the odds of two VX owners "working" together without it being planned? Particularly from two small towns in Colorado that are a couple of hours apart?

Can you hear the creepy music in the background?

mbeach
03/16/2006, 09:23 AM
VXs tend to attract each other-
Find the story about my run in with LDub in North Dakota.
...after driving more than 2000 miles, I run into another member in the parking lot of a Village Inn.

Ldub
03/16/2006, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure which you may have noticed first MB...the nearly whiplash inducing doubletake as I came out the door, or the sound of my jaw hitting the tarmac... :p
Ldub

sature
03/17/2006, 01:20 AM
for a while i thought i was the only vx in vancouver canada.. one day... i was eating at a sandwich store... and in comes a lady driving one.... i was like.. am i dreaming? then we just stood there stearing at our cars.. now one of my good friend also have one.. ppl chase us down thinking we're the other person.. no one know there's two of the same color now.. so 3 in vancouver. hehehehe

FLBeachgirl
03/17/2006, 02:08 PM
A similar situation is how i found out about this site. i had never seen another VX in real life before and as i was leaving a parking lot another one pulled in. He told me about the site and i was hooked.

Then i lost touch with him and moved to a new city. A couple months after i moved i went to a local bar and there was the other VX!! the same guy from the old town i lived in. turns out we both moved, and now live merely miles from eachother again! it's crazy, but i really do think VXs migrate in flocks whether knowingly or not.

climbcovey
03/17/2006, 05:40 PM
OK, so is anyone moving to indianapolis soon? Hope u dont' have a proton, I want to be the only one hehe!