PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light Switch

rowhard
03/16/2006, 05:17 AM
This is a question for Moncha and the Hella DE Micro fog light mod. Is the connector for the fog light switch in the wiring loom already or did you also order it and splice into it? I know auto manufactors will often have all these connectors prewired even though they aren't used, is that the case here.

mbeach
03/16/2006, 09:18 AM
You will have to make the "pigtails" for this switch. It does not come with a plug or wires.

I have used the smallest size female spade connectors and some heatshrink tubing to make a decent connection.

biju
03/16/2006, 10:47 AM
I found a pigtail at a junk yard that came from a trooper's 4x4 button. It fit perfectly and snapped right into place for my fog light install!

-biju.

Moncha
03/16/2006, 02:09 PM
Yep, they beat me to it.. I made my own but if bill found one that would work.. go for it.

Ruflyf
03/16/2006, 02:18 PM
Now everytime I see Biju I think of monkeys lol

rowhard
03/16/2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your help.

P.S. Be looking for a 'How To' article I have written on headlight polishing called "Zen and the Art of Headlight Polishing", or how I saved 300 bucks one weekend. It's wriiten, just need to figure out how to input it with photos so they are in the right spot

It's about time I gave back to the group for all the help I have received. Thanks again

biju
03/16/2006, 07:14 PM
Ruflyf - I about fell out of my chair when I read what you wrote. funny as hell... :p

On topic, the pigtail I got was from a 2000 trooper I believe. Moncha's wiring diagram for the switch helped greatly...

-biju.

Moncha
03/19/2006, 07:15 AM
HEre's a tip from the FAQ (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=7#39) showing how to include photos in posts.