PDA

View Full Version : i need your opinion!

climbcovey
03/09/2006, 06:48 PM
I'm going to purchase Safari bar, and nerf bars for my vx within the next 45 days. (Tone i'll be calling ya) My VX is a proton, with chrome ASA wheels. (pictures can be seen on my gallary) Now for the question.....

Should I get the Chrome or the Black? (Westin brand as seen on Tone's site) Any benefits to one vs. the other or is is all just looks.

:confused: SURVEY SAYS!!!!!!!!

tomdietrying
03/09/2006, 07:58 PM
I had chrome. I liked them, but traded them in for some custom black rock sliders. I think the sliders look better, and they are practical when going 4x4ing. That's just my two cents.

Get whatever makes you happy.

Peace.
Tom

SPAZZ
03/09/2006, 07:59 PM
have a good welder make you a real front bull bar verse just a front bar to hold lights.
Just my opinion. those safari bars make REALLY expensive trail debrees. Same as step bars...I can't even count how many I have found on trails that people have busted off. Rock sliders are functional step bars are not.

But, they are better than nothing if they can hold up to the bump. If they can't they just go with the momentum and push into your VX.

TEN36VX
03/10/2006, 02:53 AM
Stric9 is making me a pair of custom sliders like TusconVX (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=5266&highlight=sliders)'s for about $100 less than the black Luverne nerf bars on Tone's site... (I am sure he could whip you up a pair since he hasnt finished mine yet and still would have the measurements and such.)

And Iron Pig said they would fab the whole front cladding piece for me out of 3/16" for under $800... (Just cant find anybody that can go by for them to get measurements and test fit for me)

I agree with Spazz, make your rig actually more rugged, not just look more rugged.

VehiX
03/10/2006, 06:19 AM
I would go with BLACK!

Chrome and bright yellow just don't go together IMHO.

:)

climbcovey
03/10/2006, 06:55 AM
OOOOOOO!!!! I like the sliders. gonna have to talk to triathlete and find out more. I want a pair and hoppfully a push bar too.