PDA

View Full Version : Fuel additive..better mpg??

drdavidr4u
03/06/2006, 03:59 PM
Hello to all,
I've been off the group too long....I'm back!

Please tell us all if anyone has tried this product described below!

I tested this fuel additive called "Bioperformance" fuel gas pills.
It smells like mothballs and is EPA approved....so they claim.
It sold through a multilevel marketing scheme which normally I'm very skeptical of but since my MPG is currently 16mpg i'll try anything safe!!! I also figured there was such a big growth of selling this product It must work. I will never promote a product unless I see results so i tried it. Its not like those multi level health products that even if you take it you can not really know if it fits the claims they make for it . But here increased mpg is measurable!!

Anyway , They claim that you will see a increase in mpg by up to 35%!!! This will occur in one to four tanks of gas. That would get me from 16 mpg up to 21.6mpg. I tried the product .

I very carefully logged in my mpg and went through 4 tanks using a bit more of product initially to boost my tank as they asked for. I WAS STILL AT 16 MPG AFTER FOUR TANKS WITH THE ADDITIVE!!!

It DIDN'T WORK in my stock VX for me! NO INCREASE!!! I WAS SHOCKED and to be honest very disappointed.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT?

IF YOU WISH TO VIEW THIS STUFF THE WEB SITE IS

http://www.mybpbiz.com/

ScottinMA
03/06/2006, 04:23 PM
I had a trip to VT this past week in my wife's Passat wagon. Since it was cold I purchased some STP gas treatment (their label of dry gas) and tried to put it into the tank at a gas station just before climbing up to SugarBush. The neck of the bottle was too short to get past the interior clip in the tank so I only got a little in. I then noticed that on the climb up the mountain the engine would seem to miss. I assumed it was my size 13 boots accidentally hitting the brake pedal when pushing down on the throttle and forgot about the symptoms. On the way back I used a stick to push back the clip and unloaded the whole bottle into a full tank of gas. Started down Rte 89 and the car started bucking and misfiring. The check engine light went on and it was one hell of a ride for awhile. I kept stopping for gas and topping it off with the best premium blend and after about 8 hours (we also got caught up in that 50 car pile up on Rte 93 in NH that made national news) the missing decreased and eventually stopped altogether. I was putting in new premium gas about every 40 to 80 miles to dilute the "gas treatment" and we ultimately made it home alive without and damage to the exterior to the car. Fortunately (I think), the next morning I filled the tank again with premium and the check engine light went off. So hopefully I'm in the clear but I NEVER by the stuff again!

Joe_Black
03/06/2006, 08:03 PM
I've got a bridge you might be interested in. :p

Hotsauce
03/07/2006, 02:53 AM
Since the air/fuel ratio is controled by the computer, the only way to get better mileage is from more timing. This will only occur if an additive can supress knock and detonation enough for the knock sensor not see any knock. When this happens the computer will allow more advance.

All the additives that do this that I'm aware of are highly carcinogenic.

John C.

VehiGAZ
03/07/2006, 05:44 AM
There are no miracles-in-a-can, guys. If there were, Mobil, Sunoco, and everyone else would mix it in with their pump gas.

Ruflyf
03/07/2006, 07:07 AM
Always be skeptical of products that say will increase your _______ "up to __%. If it was a legit product it would say " will increase your ____ a minimum of ___%