PDA

View Full Version : Chrome peeling on wheels???

Chef
03/05/2006, 06:11 AM
So I've got a set of '18s I'm looking to sell. After cleaning them up, the front side of each wheel is immaculate, no spots whatsoever, just a couple chips. The back side is a different story. There's a few little spots where its corroding and bubbling the chrome. Any way to treat these little spots? I can carefully remove the chrome chips forming, bead blast (after covering the rest of the wheel of course) the spots and then what? Any way to protect the metal?

Ruflyf
03/05/2006, 12:22 PM
I would like to go to 18's but not in any big hurry since it means buying new tires as well, how much you asking for them? It would be better to get them in advance to cut the total cost down for when I do need new tires as well.

Chef
03/05/2006, 03:16 PM
Sorry skip, as far as I know they're already sold (trusting the buyer doesn't back out) but if this deal falls through, I'll let you know. I'm just wondering what to do about the spots. :(

Chopper
03/05/2006, 04:27 PM
Nuttin'- That's all you can do. Send them to a Chrome plate shop. There's a good one in MD. near Tidewater. All done, in your hand,(shipping here to Fla.) 'bout $200 per wheel --triple plated, mirror finish. Much nicer than O.E.M. finish.

Triathlete
03/05/2006, 04:57 PM
Black powder coat! Thats what I'd do.

Chef
03/06/2006, 05:14 AM
So nothing I can do to give them a few years of sexy sexyness??? I was thinking spot bead blasting/clear-coating. Thoughts?