PDA

View Full Version : Met God, His name is.........

Chopper
03/03/2006, 07:02 PM
CATERHAM !!!! I am a beleiver. Had to keep reminding myself to breathe... Just gotta convince the, powers that Be, that this is, somehow, a reasonable idea. Lightness is it's own reward!!!! Hey, she's gettin' a Subaru tomorrow...........I really,really,really need this--really. I won't ask for another car........promise..........pleeeeeeeeeeeease

transio
03/03/2006, 09:18 PM
Caterhams are sweet machines, indeed! Get it! Get it! :D

Of course, given a choice, I'd probably take a Donkervoort D8 instead (they make a 350hp version of the 7). :eek: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=pic.php&imagenum=1&carnum=962

Or, there's always the Lotus Elise. Close-to-Caterham performance and daily-driveable (has a top!)

thedutchguy
03/04/2006, 01:42 AM
Of course, given a choice, I'd probably take a Donkervoort D8 instead (they make a 350hp version of the 7).

hey transio, you can buy mine:

http://www.autoalbers.nl/dbimages/occasions3381.jpg

With its 210 BHP it's more than a handfull!

Ldub
03/04/2006, 05:04 AM
CATERHAM !!!! I am a beleiver. Had to keep reminding myself to breathe... Just gotta convince the, powers that Be, that this is, somehow, a reasonable idea. Lightness is it's own reward!!!! Hey, she's gettin' a Subaru tomorrow...........I really,really,really need this--really. I won't ask for another car........promise..........pleeeeeeeeeeeease

;) God's name is really Andy....It's in that hymn...Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me... :p :p :p

Ldub

mbeach
03/04/2006, 11:19 AM
A friend of mine has a Superformance S1 (another "7" clone). Awesome performance, even with a 200hp Weber'd Zetec motor.

While on a "tour" of some Ohio backroads, I actually saw a crowd of Amish STOP working to gawk at the car as it rolled by.

However, getting into it requires a shoehorn, and getting out requires an assistant.
I think that it would be fun to build a Super Seven clone as a winter project.

Chopper
03/04/2006, 11:58 AM
Donkervort,fastest lap ever turned at the ring...I beleive. Wonder how much the extra weight( Larger engine) will affect the steering? The 260 is as if the two spindles were in the palms of your hands(plus you can SEE what the wheeles are doing) Two miles in this car and I was sliding like a hero...Parnelli Jones like. State Farm won't insure it, big suprise. Oh well, someone will.

transio
03/04/2006, 03:44 PM
mineOMFG I knew you had great taste in cars! LOOOOOOVE the Donk. What year is it? I doubt I could afford it... don't they go for US $80k or so?

Chopper
03/05/2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I'm big. 6'4"-185lbs. It was a bit snug. Kept me from sliding around,like a Disney ride...Lotus, same thing. My upper spine still stiff days later. Need a toy my size

thedutchguy
03/06/2006, 04:04 AM
My donk is 2005 and it can be yours for €65000,-

It has the latest strengthened chassis with which Donkervoort shattered the Porsche Carrera GT time on the Nurburgring in Germany.(3 secs faster)

Chopper
03/06/2006, 06:54 PM
The 260 I looked at was 67000, (US), but it is already here,built, and ready to license. Claimed 260 hp. and I beleive them. The Donk is definitely the better looking of these two.