PDA

View Full Version : DC area guys can you recommend...

Icekold
02/26/2006, 04:59 PM
Anyone have a trusted place or places that you can recommend for having repairs and routine maintenance done?
I bought my VX 3 weeks ago and have really learned a lot from this site. My VX just hit 40000 on sat. and to be honest, I dont think there has ever been any routine maintenance done besides oil changes. So I wanna get it up to date on the maintenance. Thanks in advance.

WormGod
02/27/2006, 07:33 AM
Are you from Riverdale or Silver Spring?

I go to a little speedshop in Damascus, MD. They just recently opened up and do some pretty good work, at affordable prices. They cover everything from car audio to engine to fabbing. Really nice guys and VERY passionate about their cars. My old shop had some "management changes" and most of the techs left, so I found this place. They recently did my 30k maint for dirt cheap. I dont have the card on me, but I will get some more info for ya if you are interested. Also, the can schedule work for weekends. THAT is what works for me best with them. ;)

ISCE
02/27/2006, 08:51 AM
Hi Gary,

I am at 27K and approaching my 30K maint and would be very interested in the contact info for the guys you had do your work. Do you also have a list of what they did and total price?

Thanks!
Jay

WormGod
02/28/2006, 07:13 AM
I'll dig up the address and phone # for you when I get home tonight.

I can't recall the exact price (I know it's in a post on this thing somewhere) but it was quite cheap and they did everything but the bearings. I got the same response from them that most others here did.... should wait a bit longer on them, especially if you don't do any offroad use as it could very well be for nothing. *shrug* I'll trust them since they haven't streered me wrong so far.

Icekold
02/28/2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks alot Wormgod. I live in Riverdale but I'm usually in Silver Spring on the weekend with my GF. Right across from the Auto park at 29 and Briggs Cheney.

If you trust that sweet VX of yours to these guys then I'm gonna definitely give them a shot. And BTW, I just happened to see the pics from your accident. HOLY S**T!