PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Horn - No Longer Available

VR4-Quest
02/24/2006, 05:49 PM
Had the VX into the dealer for an alignment and for the alarm system since the horn stopped "chirping" when locking/unlocking the doors (and yes, its programed to be on). They checked and replace the alarm module thinking that was the problem, but its the horn itself.
Problem is, the part is no longer available, and even after contacting Isuzu and the actual manufacturer of the orignal part, its discontinued, so they have no fix for me. Does this sounds right, isnt it possible its a common part with another Isuzu, is the dealer just giving me the run around.............VX parts are already becoming a problem to get, I cant believe it..........

Raque Thomas
02/24/2006, 06:12 PM
Tone has one of those for sale, I believe - check his for sale post

psychos2
02/24/2006, 10:55 PM
any 12 volt horn or siren will work. i replaced mine a few times and it would work for a while then stop again. i put in a small siren and have had no problems since. i got mine at radio shack. shawn

Icekold
02/25/2006, 01:03 AM
I just bought my VX and I can't get mine to chirp either. My horn works but no chirp. I've done the chirp enable routine several times with no luck. :(

mbeach
02/25/2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the radio shack tip -never thought of that when mine quit working.

I figured that it was just mounted in a bad spot and took in too much water.