PDA

View Full Version : My dog Jackson...

Cyrk
02/19/2006, 05:23 PM
Jackson went into Kidney failure about 4 days ago… he was 13 1/2 years old. We had to help him move on to his next journey yesterday needless to say I am devastated. I truly feel like a piece of me has died. My house feels so weird with out his around. I am so sad, I tried my best to help him and for a year I was his legs (Jackson had sever arthritis in his spine) but I guess old age caught up to us and his 80 year old kidneys gave up. He will be missed SO much by me and my family and friends. Jackson was truly a great gift and he was my "soul dog".

Attached is a photo that means allot to me and is also one of the last photos taken of Jackson with Hayden.
Just wanted to share with my friends…

RIP Jackson.

-Dave

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Jackson_Hayden.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Jackson_Hayden.jpg)

dkmiller68
02/19/2006, 05:32 PM
You sure can get attached to man's best friend...you had him a long time...take care.

VX crazy
02/19/2006, 06:17 PM
I am so sorry Dave, they are great creatures that give us so much love and look forward to us being there for them, more than any person! I am sure you were a great dad to him, all dogs do go to heaven, and when you heal you will be able to have another fabulous dog!

biju
02/19/2006, 06:37 PM
cyrk,

so sorry to hear of your loss. it's so hard to part with family.

my thoughts are with you.

-biju.

johnnyapollo
02/19/2006, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear about Jackson - RIP.

-- John

Anita
02/19/2006, 09:27 PM
Dave,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. They so quickly become part of our family and of ourselves. Unconditional love they give in abundance and always especially when we need it. Take comfort in the knowledge that you gave Jackson a wonderful life of love, comfort and happiness until his body would no longer allow it.

Beavertractors
02/20/2006, 03:04 AM
I am sorry to hear about your loss..I also believe that all dogs go to heaven, even if they were bad puppys. ;) .They say time heals the loss,Think of the happy times ,it helps. Tony B

Scott Harness
02/20/2006, 07:18 AM
sharing your sorrow and wishing you peace Try and remember Jackson would not want you to be sad

MSHardeman
02/20/2006, 08:03 AM
Dave,
I wanted to offer you my condolences. I have a 13 year old dog who is starting to show signs of slowing down, so I can totally sympathize with you. They bring so much joy to our lives and are always gone too soon.
Take comfort in the fact that Jackson is somewhere right now bragging about how great his dad is.
-Mark

transio
02/20/2006, 08:09 AM
Dave, I'm very sorry to hear about Jackson. Pets are like kids... it's tough to deal with their loss. Just remember that by taking him into your family, you gave Jackson a happy, full, rich life.

Lashsquat
02/20/2006, 11:16 AM
Dave,
Its great to hear you gave him 13 years of love,So many dogs do not get near that.. some get none...! I have had a few dogs pass away way before they should have. I have 2 Akitas right now / i hope i am as lucky as you to have such a long time "in a dogs life" to share . One day Jackson will be sitting by the gate to greet you! With no back pains and kidneys to spare!Wondering what took you so long!!!

Cyrk
02/20/2006, 12:04 PM
Thank you all for you kind words, It really helps me to read these nice thoughts and sympathies from you all and it brings a smile to my face. Dogs are truly amazing creatures, I have 2 guys left another Dalmatian (Benson) he is 5 yrs and Tyson (Mixed Pit, Boxer and Mastiff) 2 yrs. I love them so much also but there was something spacial with Jackson as he was my Soul Dog. Again thank you all.

-Dave

Ldub
02/20/2006, 04:12 PM
Cyrk,
Sincere condolences on your loss...also many thanks for sharing with us.
This thread has brought back so many wonderful memories for me, of dogs past, mostly mutts, but I did have the pleasure of knowing a very special Airedale Terrier named "Duke" for about 13 yrs. He had a lot of personality & is still remembered fondly by all who knew him.
Again, Thank You, Ldub
God speed Jackson.

VCrossfan
02/20/2006, 09:41 PM
It was a Tuesday, My girlfriend at the time wanted a dog that she could walk (we had an Golden Retreiver at the time, young and wild) so she went to the local pound and she went to the caged area every dog was jumping and barking except one. She said I'll take that one (chow/ ? mix),she was alittle over a year old and someone dumped her. We found out they were going to put her to sleep on friday (3 days away) so we named here friday. The girlfriend has gone but friday was in my life alittle over 15 years, I had to put her down early last spring. It was the toughest and also the best thing I've ever done. Within 2 months she lost her eyesight, hearing wouldn't eat and I had to carry her outside to do what dogs do and her hair was falling out. The vet said he could keep her alive longer w/drugs but not long. And the best thing i mentioned before was letting her go. I couldn't keep her just because I wanted her, it was her time to go and she knew it... Cyrk I feel your pain, but they had a great life while they were here...

VCAMILO
02/21/2006, 09:14 AM
Im sorry for the loss...

blacksambo
02/22/2006, 12:13 PM
By your story and photo it certainly seems that Jackson had a great "dogs life". I too have nursed a mother and son Boxers to 14, and now have a brother and sister Boxer team I rescued from the pound 4 years ago. I liked the VX because with the rear seat removed, and a Pet Gear kennel installed they practically ride in the front seat with me enjoying a "dogs life", too.

LiquidVX
02/22/2006, 01:55 PM
rest in peace Jackson. Take care Dave.