PDA

View Full Version : VX pulls to one side...fixed

Triathlete
02/14/2006, 07:41 AM
My VX has had a pull to the drivers side for some time now. After several alighnments from reputable guys it continued. So I finally discovered one of my rear links (drivers side) was bent (can't imagine how I could have done that :angel: ). So this weekend I took a very small hydrolic botle jack, wedged it between the link and the frame and straightened it out. Now the VX drives straight as an arrow! :thumbup:

Todd Adams
02/14/2006, 06:48 PM
My VX has had a pull to the drivers side for some time now. After several alighnments from reputable guys it continued. So I finally discovered one of my rear links (drivers side) was bent (can't imagine how I could have done that :angel: ). So this weekend I took a very small hydrolic botle jack, wedged it between the link and the frame and straightened it out. Now the VX drives straight as an arrow! :thumbup:
Billy,
Nothing wrong with the alignments you had done since normally all they do is the front end. If there was a problem with 4 wheel tracking as yours did they would normally not look for this or even know. This is good info to pass along as many others and I have bent the link arms and caused the track to go out. I have a press in my shop that I use to straighten mine out but I pull them off first.
Todd

Y33TREKker
02/15/2006, 08:54 AM
This is good info to pass along as many others and I have bent the link arms and caused the track to go out. I have a press in my shop that I use to straighten mine out but I pull them off first.
Todd

Is this a common occurence from off-roading, or do they get bent from everyday driving as well?

Todd Adams
02/15/2006, 11:19 AM
Is this a common occurence from off-roading, or do they get bent from everyday driving as well?
Not unless you slam down hard on a big rock on the street. I should have said those of us that wheel off road hard.
Todd

VCAMILO
02/15/2006, 04:10 PM
LOL! Didn't you see his AVATAR. The bend probably happened when he possed for this picture... LOL! Im have to stop following Triathlete from now on...

Y33TREKker
02/16/2006, 03:46 AM
LOL! Didn't you see his AVATAR. The bend probably happened when he possed for this picture... LOL! Im have to stop following Triathlete from now on...

Good point, but I sometimes think that's what my VX must look like as I'm driving over/through some of the potholes in the roads in my neck of the woods. :p

Triathlete
02/16/2006, 12:12 PM
Yep, it was just a little ol' pothole! ;Dy;
You going to come up to Mab and check out the "potholes" this year Victor?

Todd Adams
02/17/2006, 12:03 AM
Yep, it was just a little ol' pothole! ;Dy;
You going to come up to Mab and check out the "potholes" this year Victor?
I know of a couple.
I guess Dallas (Stinky Fab) has replacement track arms that are bent so that they are up high so the rock contact is not as severe. Saw the photos from Anita. Next time I see him I just might ask him to build me a couple.