PDA

View Full Version : Is the TOD suppose to do this...

hugabone
02/12/2006, 06:16 PM
I went out in the snow today. I decided to see what this thing can do. It runs like a charm in the snow but everytime I would come to a stop, the damn thing would disengage the front wheels and I would get slippage and a noise until it I get up to speed again. Its not a big deal on dry roads but when its slippery, that can be a hassle.

I also had a problem with my TOD. I got the flashing check light. Hours later the light stop flashing and the TOD seem to start coming back. I parked it so I dont know if its totally working, I guess ill find out in the morning.

shoota77
02/12/2006, 06:24 PM
i think TOD only kicks in (first bar lit) to the front wheels after 5-10mph. Utilize the winter button from a stop if you want to avoid the slippage. Man i had a blast driving around the boston area today...it was great!

Hotsauce
02/12/2006, 06:56 PM
Most likely this is a wet connector to the front speed sensor.

I posted a long time ago how to retrieve and reset the TOD codes, you can pull the code and see what it was.

John C.

hugabone
02/12/2006, 06:57 PM
i think TOD only kicks in (first bar lit) to the front wheels after 5-10mph. Utilize the winter button from a stop if you want to avoid the slippage. Man i had a blast driving around the boston area today...it was great!

Really, I wish I had known that. I dont have a owner's manual so I didnt know really when to utilize the winter button. I did assume it was for snow but I didnt try to kick it in until my TOD stop working.

shoota77
02/12/2006, 07:52 PM
i'm not a vx expert but i think i remember it being dark until i get going. i personally never use the winter button, but i'm pretty sure it kicks in and then shuts off after 15mph or less. i'll have to check both out tomorrow :)

Icekold
02/13/2006, 01:16 AM
Hey hugabone I live in PG county myself and work right down the street from you near Mccormick and 202. We'll probably bump heads sooner or later. Just got my VX on friday :) :)

psychos2
02/13/2006, 05:19 AM
One thing I have noticed when driving in the snow is to turn off power mode. It makes a big difference. shawn

I_Wanna_Retire
02/13/2006, 06:08 AM
Would you please either repost how to retrieve and reset the TOD codes, or point me to your original post? I did try searching but am not seeing the original post. I am trying to resolve my son's TOD issue, as the closest Isuzu dealer is like 150 miles away.

cstein
03/13/2006, 08:44 AM
I'm a new VX owner (1.5 months) and I'm still learning things about the vehicle so excuse what might be a stupid question.TOD kicks in (first segment lit)at about 5-10 mph as and stays lit at all speeds from then on. (goes off when I stop). It does it on dry pavement under normal running conditions. Is this normal or should TOD cut in only when there is a slippage situation?

MZ-N10
03/13/2006, 10:50 AM
I'm a new VX owner (1.5 months) and I'm still learning things about the vehicle so excuse what might be a stupid question.TOD kicks in (first segment lit)at about 5-10 mph as and stays lit at all speeds from then on. (goes off when I stop). It does it on dry pavement under normal running conditions. Is this normal or should TOD cut in only when there is a slippage situation?

thats normal...tod is disengaged at 0~15, then from there on it puts 15~50% torque to the front depending on situation...