PDA

View Full Version : Who WILL be at ZuZoo in '06?

Triathlete
02/07/2006, 12:03 PM
Its getting close to that time again. Who will be there this year, where do you plan on staying and will you be there for the VX run?

I will be there, doing the VX run and will be staying at the Portal campground...

biju
02/07/2006, 12:20 PM
Installing mods today as we speak.

I'll be there... Staying at LaQuinta Inn as this time I have to travel with the pups.

I'll be at the VX only run - so sorry I missed it last year...

-biju.

GeekOnAmission
02/07/2006, 12:28 PM
Sorry to be a stupid noob, but where is it? Is this the famed Moab event that I keep hearing about? Sounds like lits of fun. I might go if I can get away from school and work for a week.

Triathlete
02/07/2006, 12:34 PM
Geek...that would be the one...Moab Utah!

Biju...Now that you've got a few trails under the belt I'll expect no blisters! LOL

dkmiller68
02/07/2006, 07:28 PM
Regrets, will not attend this year...too many miles away and several important other life projects.

nocturnalVX
02/07/2006, 10:19 PM
I just checked the official website...
'Zu Zoo, Inc. (http://www.zuzoo.org/index.shtml)

There's nothing about an event this year. :_confused

Kenny
02/08/2006, 07:52 AM
I'm planning on making a road trip to the VX run this year.
Any suggestions for a good place to stay at (doesn't have to be real cheap).

Thanks.

Triathlete
02/08/2006, 07:57 AM
ZuZoo IS happening this year. They are still ironing out the details and the website will be updated and ready to go. The organizers said it would happen no matter what...whether it was an "official" event or just a gathering. They have had to search for alternative insurance since the old insurer skyrocketed the price last year. The permit issue was resolved also.

Kenny...are you looking to camp or hotel it. Also most of the camp sites have cabins fro under $50 a night.

Triathlete
02/08/2006, 12:27 PM
Any other 'Zonians going that want to caravan up? :_steering

Ldub
02/09/2006, 04:24 AM
I'm at about 80-85% sure I'll be going this year, also long time friend Jim is planning on being there with his Trooper.
Kenny, as time gets closer, get in touch w/ me if you want to convoy for a bit.
Though you should be aware, top end on a Ldub/Jim convoy is prolly only about 65 mph. (86 Troop diesel...poor bastard :razzgray: )

Ldub

tomdietrying
02/09/2006, 09:38 AM
I will be going again this year. Champ and I will be camping at the Portal.

Has anyone heard of where the VX Only Run is going to be?

Peace.
Tom

P.S.
Biju, what mods are you doing?

biju
02/10/2006, 05:56 AM
Tom,

Jooo have a PM.

Billy,

Regardless if the blisters from gripping the wheel were from fear or adrenaline (or both), it was an EXCELLENT experience for my first time ever off road. I can only hope I get them again this year ~ it would mean I had a great time!!!

-biju.

Randy
02/10/2006, 06:28 AM
I'll try to be there. I'm moving to Pagosa Springs from south Florida in March/April and will hope to be situated by ZuZoo time.

MSHardeman
02/10/2006, 07:37 AM
I'm in. I'll have my pups too, so I guess I'll be calling LaQuinta and hangin' with biju. I've been to one of these before, but only as an observer. I can't wait to go as an owner.

Kenny
02/10/2006, 09:47 AM
Ldub,
I'm in. "Wagons ho!"

Tone
02/10/2006, 01:02 PM
We'll be there with the Benz as tailgunner for the VX only run and then another trail the following day.

tomdietrying
02/10/2006, 01:22 PM
Randy,
Wow! Pagosa Springs is a great place to be. If I'm passing through the state this summer, I'm going to ring you up.
Peace.
Tom

Triathlete
03/03/2006, 10:31 AM
Getting closer...who else will be going.

yal^
03/03/2006, 10:58 AM
Looks like I am coming too. I am hoping the norcturnal will make it with me. If not there is a few people coming from mwior.com (http://www.mwior.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=230).
Couple of us is staying in Silver Sage Inn. I got a two bed room, but my other party may bail on me. If someone is looking for cheap accomodation for a week and doesn't mind sharing a room, pm me. The reservation is for May 14th through 21st, $325+tax for both beds. Comes down to something around $180 for whole week with comfy bed and shower. Any takers?

Todd Adams
03/03/2006, 12:30 PM
Looks like I will have to start to figure out what the VX only run is. :confused:
Todd

SPAZZ
03/03/2006, 12:55 PM
Swordy wasn't allowed to have his Jeep buddies tag along in the rear of our VX only run 2003 because "YOU" Tone threw a hissy fit and told them under no circumstances whatsoever ...but, you now expect to have your Mercedes tag along and you see no wrong??? That caused Swordy and Debby to not even go and ruined the spirits between alot of people at Zuzoo.

Nice, :rolleyes:

Do us the same favor that Swordy did and leave the un-VX's behind.

Tone
03/03/2006, 04:28 PM
--Edited -- Swordy's wife tagged along last year in an Amigo --edited--. And his buddies weren't VXers remember? I am. --(was and still am by osmosis)--

Do I need to bring Lisa's so you'll be ok even though you --edited-- won't be there? I asked permission and what does this have to do with you anyway?

--Edited---

I edited it and I won't tollerate that kind of stuff.. You know that.

BTW... Deby was in her Amigo last year.. Play nice and don't use the site to crack on each other not even in PMs!!! :(

Scott

pbkid
03/03/2006, 08:12 PM
alright away from the stupid fighting...i will be there, camping somewhere...any coloradians wanna go send me a PM and we will set up a caravan...

Moncha
03/03/2006, 08:35 PM
I unfortunately won't be going this year. Choice between my Grandma's 90th birthday or Moab.. Guess which one won?? I'll be there in spirit though!

Todd Adams
03/04/2006, 12:19 AM
OK since this is my call as trail leader, It will no longer be called the VX only run. From here on out it is now the VX run! I should have done this long ago. Linda in her Jeep was on the first VX run. Debby, last year in her Amigo. Everyone stop bickering. We do this for fun, right? So if my daughter shows up in her XJ I will just make her get in the back of the bus with Tone :p
Todd

Todd Adams
03/04/2006, 12:26 AM
I unfortunately won't be going this year. Choice between my Grandma's 90th birthday or Moab.. Guess which one won?? I'll be there in spirit though!

I don't know Scott. Missing a VX strapping a Benz could be priceless. OK we’ll take pictures. ;)

Tone
03/04/2006, 05:52 AM
I think we should let the VXes be the all together in the front so that pictures can be taken by them and us in the back and they get the same feeling looking forward that exists with only VXes.

And if ya'll do NOT have to strap me, apologies will be in order as this is the same kind of talk peole have said about the VX. I have 10" of clearance, 350hp/375 lb-ft, 1st gear ratio 2.64:1, transfer ratio 3.09:1, axle ratios of 29.33:1, 26 degree approach/departure angle, (20 degree breakover), 80 degree climbing slope, hill decent control, can cross 20" water, and LOTS of experience. Wheelbase is about 18" longer though....

SPAZZ
03/04/2006, 09:06 AM
respect is earned not ordered :rolleyes:

No apologies...VX ONLY should be VX ONLY not some Mercedes in the hind light. Don't act like you are 2 and throw a tantrem. Any other day I wouldn't care what run I was on with you in whatever you were in.

pbkid
03/04/2006, 09:28 AM
sounds to me like you guys need to get over this whole vx only thing...why does it affect you if there is a mercedes BEHIND you? your not seeing it....its not changing how much fun you have....where you go...anything...why does it matter?

SPAZZ
03/04/2006, 12:42 PM
the same point that Tone made in 2003 ZuZoo. VX only means VX ONLY...not anything tagging behind, on, beside, or around.

So, he is a contradictory *** untill it fits his own motive...or...um..Benz. That is what the point is.

Triathlete
03/04/2006, 01:17 PM
This is the who's going to MOAB post.

Tone
03/04/2006, 01:22 PM
Again, you won't even be there - guess just more of your ramblings. A precendent was set (big word) over the past 2 yrs. Get over it - but it is hilarious that you can still whine about something that you weren't even there for - so keep on beating your chest based on info from someone else. And you're calling ME an SOB?

Todd Adams
03/04/2006, 04:35 PM
I think we should let the VXes be the all together in the front so that pictures can be taken by them and us in the back and they get the same feeling looking forward that exists with only VXes.

And if ya'll do NOT have to strap me, apologies will be in order as this is the same kind of talk peole have said about the VX. I have 10" of clearance, 350hp/375 lb-ft, 1st gear ratio 2.64:1, transfer ratio 3.09:1, axle ratios of 29.33:1, 26 degree approach/departure angle, (20 degree breakover), 80 degree climbing slope, hill decent control, can cross 20" water, and LOTS of experience. Wheelbase is about 18" longer though....

Come on Tone. A friend once told me that if you haven’t been on both ends of the strap you ain’t been wheeling. Besides I could care less about vehicle stats and all that. Last time out I winched a Bruiser that had tipped over in Prichett Canyon. (That’s a tube buggy built by Poison Spyder Customs if you didn’t know) I have had to take a strap plenty of times in both the VX and the Jeep. I can tell you that you would not have taken your VX or Benz where these situations took place (I just replaced the body on the Jeep due to multiple rollovers). You know I can pick a trail where almost everyone will require help. ;) We will see.
And for the rest of you (you are all my friends) lets drop the harassment and put it in the past. Friendly ribbing is OK though.
Todd

Moncha
03/04/2006, 04:52 PM
OK, point made. NOW DROP IT!

I go along with Todd...

Todd Adams
03/04/2006, 05:12 PM
This is the who's going to MOAB post.
I'm a maybe :p

Triathlete
03/04/2006, 07:33 PM

Well we know you have to be there at least one day. I don't think anyone will want me leading the VX run...my track record speaks for itself (unless we want a 12 hour 4 hour trail!) :goof:

Todd Adams
03/04/2006, 07:55 PM

If this crap keeps up. I assumed every one would get it sorry.

Triathlete
03/04/2006, 09:02 PM
Oh, I got it! I guess my navigational skills are sort of an Arizona insider joke! 4 hour trails turn into 12 and 3 rated trails to 4! :naughty: :laughing:
But the key is...its all fun! And I for one don't care who is there.

Be there, Have fun, Go home smiling! No bitching allowed though.

SPAZZ
03/05/2006, 10:02 AM
VX only means VX only and nothing else will be alowed neither in front or behind. SO, he made the point. not me. and if I can I will be there again.

BumbleV-X
03/06/2006, 09:57 AM
Don't think we'll be able to attend this year. The VX only run was fun last year thank you for letting me tag along in an ISUZU Amigo. (note...the only jeep friend I had there last year was Linda who would EASILY put a MB to shame)

I came home from a great weekend of 4wheeling to find this post with my name splattered all over it.. sooooooo

Spazz... thanks for the words, but we settled the argument last year on the VX only run when I truthfully stated in public with people standing around, I still have NOTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT HIM to his face. At least I was truthful. His lies, and changing of my words(because he was a moderator at the time) in my post on this website will forever sour his name. His no appology to me but stating there was one to "Swordy's wife" was unbelievable! MY NAME IS DEBY ! Then again he knew my name when he wrote that. Personally I would (and did), go out of my way to not see, or roll with him. My only suggestion is that maybe he should ride with the Land Rovers. Where they don't know him YET.

And darn it "y'all" I thought if you sold it you wern't one.

Man, ya know I'm a pretty mellow person til you bring up that name.

Have fun in Moab

the "Deby" in the posts who still is a proud co-owner of a KICK BUTT VX!

VR4-Quest
03/06/2006, 12:58 PM
What kind of Benz is it Tone, if it aint a G-Wagon, dondt even think about it......

Triathlete
03/07/2006, 12:57 PM
Hey, heres an idea..
This thread is to see who is going to Moab. If you guys want to have your little tiff with each other start a new thread or better yet take it off the site all together. I will be in Moab to go wheelin and have fun. If I was new to this site and was undecided as to weather or not to go this kind of CR@P would sway me not to go thinking that every one there would be like this.
So take it else where.
THANK YOU!

ZEUS
03/07/2006, 02:46 PM
Man! I WAS getting excited about perhaps going on the VX run and thought it would be fun to meet the other VX wheelers on some slickrock. But all this drama reminds me of being a trail leader 'ONCE'! This crap reminds me of why I don't even do "organized" trail runs anymore. Of course it reminds me of high school too! So... Well said Triathlete! I don't think I will be attending ZuZoo afterall. Todd, good luck - it sounds like you might need it!

Anyone ever hear the theory about bad apples...?

Triathlete
03/07/2006, 03:13 PM
Zeus, Don't let the bickering of a few keep you away. We and the other Isuzu peeps are a great group. I, and I'm sure the others will agree, had a great time and met some great people. You'll be living so close you can't miss it. Plus you can always pack it in if your not having a great time since you'll be close to home.

SPAZZ
03/07/2006, 10:07 PM
just exactly how Tone made alot of people feel in Moab in 2003 and to present :p :p :p

Todd Adams
03/07/2006, 10:21 PM
Man! I WAS getting excited about perhaps going on the VX run and thought it would be fun to meet the other VX wheelers on some slickrock. But all this drama reminds me of being a trail leader 'ONCE'! This crap reminds me of why I don't even do "organized" trail runs anymore. Of course it reminds me of high school too! So... Well said Triathlete! I don't think I will be attending ZuZoo afterall. Todd, good luck - it sounds like you might need it!

Anyone ever hear the theory about bad apples...?

I don't need any luck. I deal with the Easter Jeep Safari Crowd so by the time ‘ZuZoo comes agound I have mellowed out a bit. I know there have been some tempers raised in the past and it looks a lot worse on this thread than it really is but we do have a good time.
Well mostly, I doubt Billy’s wife will ride with me again ;) . And there was this guy from Virginia who scratched his cladding and blamed me :rolleyes: , Tone almost ran over me the first time out or was that Grampa Bob :p ? Seriously everyone keeps surprising me. There was this spot last year that I thought we would have to strap most on. Nobody took a strap where I thought they would need it and the only one all day… Well I wont bring that up.
I was thinking this year I would raise the bar on trail rating. What do you all think?
Todd

nocturnalVX
03/08/2006, 12:44 AM
Well folks, here's the deal...
I had a blast at Zu Zoo V and Zu Zoo VI, but had to miss the last two years due to major changes at work (both of them positive though) happening right at the time y'all are having fun playing in Moab. Well... it's not work-related turmoil that might throw a curve at me this year, but I'm in the proccess of getting out of a condo and buying a house. Hopefully this will go smoothly and I'll still be able to make a few trails out West. I sure as hell don't want to miss out on a MWIOR convoy! The "convoy" for Zu Zoo VI was AnalogVX & I... :rolly: I NEED to get back out there, but the new house thing takes priority. Wish me luck, and (if I don't see you in Moab) have fun!

Green Dragon
03/08/2006, 08:35 AM
Tone almost ran over me the first time out or was that Grampa Bob :p ? Todd

Wasn't me, if it was, you probably wouldn't be posting on this or any other forum.

Bob F

Anita
03/08/2006, 09:33 AM
Grampa Bob!? For my part it is good to see you post again! :flower: Miss you on the forum.

tomdietrying
03/08/2006, 07:51 PM
GrandpaBob,
How have you been? Are we going to see you this a Moab?
Peace.
Tom

Todd Adams
03/09/2006, 12:51 PM
Wasn't me, if it was, you probably wouldn't be posting on this or any other forum.

Bob F
Bob I only go to see you. I hope you are going to go this year.
Todd

jgalt
03/21/2006, 08:59 PM
I'll be there for Zu IX, but I seriously doubt I'll be running my new (to me) VX (thanks Lori!); I'll just be running my ugly-butt (though "somewhat" built-up) Rodeo. Maybe (and that's a BIG MAYBE) I can talk my significant other to drive down with my daughter in the VX .... we'll see ...

Does all this chatter mean that I won't be allowed on the "VX only" run? I'd hate to miss it (though I have only a lowly Rodeo) as I would love to see what the VX can get away with (I actually have a very good idea from the last two ZuZoos, but would still love to see a bunch in action)! I'm actually fairly comfortable with what a stock, even built-up, Isuzu can do, but I'd still love to see some VXs in action! Should I be prohibited?? Your call and I'll respect that ...

My take (FWIW - and I admit it maybe not much given that I'm a VX newbie - and I sense alot of hurt feelings here), but we have a ZU club here in Salt Lake and (now) we accept pretty much any make or model on our runs (Yes even Jeeps) so long as the folks are civilized and willing to give props to fantastically designed vehicles when they see them - whatever the make. Believe it or not, we have encountered ALOT of "ZU converts" since then (except for the lack of a secondary parts market, which I'm sure you can all attest to). The part I love is seeing a dedicated Jeeper see what a stock ZU can do, or looking underneath at our stock completely boxed frames and D44s and saying, "Damn, that's one built vehicle!!"

Therefore, I'd say open it up to whomever (you (OK, really "I") want to show what these vehicles can do and you can always "pour" money into any vehicle and make it a crawling Queen (as some may have done :rolleyes: )), but I will always respect what any vehicle can do so long as it's driver is willing to put it out there and give it a try.

My $0.02,

Bottom line: I'll be there.

Jim

Todd Adams
03/21/2006, 10:21 PM
Jim,
It is no longer the VX only run. Just the VX run although I sure wish you would bring the new addition.
Todd

biju
03/22/2006, 05:51 AM
Bring the VX!!! :p :p

-biju.

Triathlete
03/22/2006, 07:50 AM
Todd...where we going? Huh Huh Huh? ;Dy;

Todd Adams
03/22/2006, 08:55 AM
Todd...where we going? Huh Huh Huh? ;Dy;
Ok I will throw out some choices.
Gold Bar Rim with some surprises (31/2)
Cliff Hanger (31/2)
Moab Rim (4+)
Or one of the trails we have done in the past:
3D
7 Mile Rim
Elephant Hill
Devils Racetrack
Dome Plateau
Hotel Rock

ZEUS
03/22/2006, 09:31 AM
Moab Rim!?!?! Seriously? WOW! That trail has gotten worse and worse every year I have done it and last year they added a new optional route near the rim that really "rocks". I'm not always right or anything but I think for sure a stock or even slightly modified VX will gain some damage attempting Moab Rim.

Cliff Hanger would be some good fun - challenging, but sure to improve driving skill with a stock or nearly stock VX!

Would you run Gold Bar through to Poison Spider? Or vise versa? The triple shot!

Metal Masher was great last year and offers nice optional obstacles as well as a high speed section. Just throwing it out there...

Still don't even know if I'm going - haven't found a job in SLC yet. I'll let you know.

Triathlete
03/22/2006, 12:30 PM
I'll go where ever. I'm not to picky since I know any of those (or any other trail in Moab) will offer a lot of fun and incredible scenery! Just so long as I know where to meet and at what time I will be there! :thumbup:

biju
03/22/2006, 12:50 PM
I was awestruck by Elephant Hill... Would love to do that one again!

However, I'm up for anything. As long as it doesn't end up in certain death.

:eek:

-biju.

tomdietrying
03/22/2006, 03:59 PM
I'm with Billy (Triathlete). I'll go where ever the group decides to go. With that said, it would be nice to get the big three in like last year.

1. Beautiful Scenery - That's a Gimme
2. Great offroading - That's a Gimme
3. Native American Indian Dwellings - ?????

Peace.
Tom

P.S.
biju, did you get some Trooper Skid Plates?

jgalt
03/24/2006, 07:40 PM
Jim - It is no longer the VX only run. Just the VX run although I sure wish you would bring the new addition.
Todd

GREAT!! If I can't get the VX down there, at least I can join you all on a run.

Bring the VX!!!

I will try - I promise! If I can't talk Miss Ramie into coming down it's possible that one of our local club members cannot bring down their rig, so I'll lend them the new VX to take down and they can at least attend. :cool!:

some choices.
Gold Bar Rim with some surprises (31/2)
Cliff Hanger (31/2)
Moab Rim (4+)
Or one of the trails we have done in the past:
3D
7 Mile Rim
Elephant Hill
Devils Racetrack
Dome Plateau
Hotel Rock

Devils Racetrack?? Isn't that up north of I-70 and south of Castledale or am I thinking of the wrong thing? If I'm right, I vote for Devils Racetrack! ;Dr;

Best,

Jim

lttlbddy
03/24/2006, 10:24 PM
Jim has a VX now? Gil "might" make it again this year? Should be a good old time. Info is starting to trickle onto the zuzoo.org website. We have another planning conference call next Thursday. I even saw a trail list spreadsheet. Keep checking, Moab Zu Zoo IX is starting to gather steam!! See you all there is a few weeks!! Steve G

Triathlete
03/25/2006, 07:00 PM
Ordered my new CB today. Getting the Cobra 75. Will sure beat the el-cheepo handheld I used last year that hissed the whole time!

Ldub
03/26/2006, 03:32 AM
I'm getting ready too...just ordered a 50 cf. alum. scuba tank for portable air.

Todd Adams
03/27/2006, 08:16 AM
Ordered my new CB today. Getting the Cobra 75. Will sure beat the el-cheepo handheld I used last year that hissed the whole time!

I guess I am rough on CB's my 75 started having mike problems the second year I had it. Just seems like there is too much in the mike. I just had to take my old President out due to problems and put in it’s place a Cobra 19. Small, does the job and if it goes south I am not out much.

For those coming, please have a CB radio. You will miss much without it. Magnetic mount antennas are a good way to go with the VX since they are not permanent. My Wilson antenna lives under the hood most of the time until I need it.

Todd

Triathlete
03/27/2006, 08:46 AM
My CB probably won't see as much use as yours Todd. I like the fact that I can take of the antenna and it pretty much disapears.
Speaking of antenna's what is a good magnetic mount to use?

Todd Adams
03/27/2006, 11:29 AM
My CB probably won't see as much use as yours Todd. I like the fact that I can take of the antenna and it pretty much disapears.
Speaking of antenna's what is a good magnetic mount to use?
http://www.rfwiz.com/WilsonLittleWil.htm

Triathlete
03/27/2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks Todd. I'd been looking at that one. I'll see if my local radio shack has it for a reasonable price.

Triathlete
04/03/2006, 01:49 PM
CB is installed. Waiting on the antenna. Ordered the Lil Wilson. The sight Todd posted is by far the cheapest I could find. Local Raio Shack wanted $25 for a no-name cheapo.

Another ????
Is there a way to tune the antenna without a SWR meter and how nessesary is it?

Locomigo
04/03/2006, 04:09 PM
Not easily.

Yes, you want to get the SWR, not very expensive and vital to tuning the CB for good reception. Its a hassle, but WELL worth the time, when you have a 3+ mile range on your CB. Excellent for on the road driving to hear the trucker chatter (entertainment) and for the off highway travel to communicate with others. Its helped out on quite a few runs I have had, especially when having to escort a broken rig back to town and finding another group, or meeting up with the Gold Bar Rim crew when running Golden Spike.

HTH

Tone
05/02/2006, 11:18 AM
So anyone have a total count of VXes that will be there?

Triathlete
05/02/2006, 11:48 AM
At last 5 no more than 50....just my guess! :bwgy:

From my count looks like 15 give or take a few.

biju
05/02/2006, 04:53 PM
15? That's great! By comparison, how many were there last year? 10?

Locomigo
05/03/2006, 06:52 AM
To be specific and accurate... :cool:

There are 24% VehiCROSS registered, second only to Amigos which sit @ 30%. The Troopers make up 18%, and Rodeos garner 10% for a total of 82% Isuzu.

Actual numbers show 12 VX. :thumbup: See yall in a couple weeks.

Todd Adams
05/03/2006, 07:53 AM
To be specific and accurate... :cool:

There are 24% VehiCROSS registered, second only to Amigos which sit @ 30%. The Troopers make up 18%, and Rodeos garner 10% for a total of 82% Isuzu.

Actual numbers show 12 VX. :thumbup: See yall in a couple weeks.
I did not register mine but it will be there. I did sign up for Pritchett Canyon but in the Jeep under Linda's name. I think the count for the VX run is 14.
Todd