PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP! Should I...?

TheUltimateMan
02/01/2006, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to get some opinions on this: Would I be nuts to buy an '01 VX with 100K plus miles?

It's stock with no mods, how much would you pay for it?

And because of the heavy miles, what problems should I look for that generally go wrong with the VX after a while?

I would REALLY appreciate any advice you guys can offer- Thanks a lot!!

transio
02/01/2006, 11:02 AM
Get a compression test and look out for other common wear items in a car with that many miles - suspension items in particular. I can't advise of the value, because I have never seen an 01 with that many miles for sale.

Bill Brown
02/01/2006, 12:21 PM
Being a person that is under-the-hood impaired, I would not consider purchasing any vehicle with 100k miles. I keep mechanics employed when it comes to maintaining a vehicle.

Numba1goalie
02/01/2006, 12:48 PM
I am sure there are plenty of other VX's to choose from then that paticular one. Save you self future head aches and buy a pristine and clean one. Like mine! lol.

Joe_Black
02/01/2006, 05:41 PM
I've never hesitated in buying any Isuzu with over 100K miles, provided it's in decent shape and some evidence of regular maintenance is available.

alleycat
02/01/2006, 05:55 PM
I have owned 5 Isuzu automobiles and 100,000 miles on it is NOTHING if the vehicle has been taken care of. Just remember though that repairs at an Isuzu dealer will be high so make sure the car was in good shape. If yu are in the N.Y. area I could give yu my input.
ed

spaceCADETzoom
02/01/2006, 06:51 PM
The mileage isn't the indicator of the vehicle, necesarily. My parents' Isuzu Trooper just turned over 200,000 miles. It still runs great. It never had a problem, it's still the original engine, transmission, etc. There are quirks it had straight from rolling from the factory, and I will say the vast majority of car owners are negligent that don't pay heed to them (or even NORMAL maintenence). The VX has the same exact engine and theres no doubt in my mind that it will reach 200k too.All in all, it's the owner, not the mileage...

TheUltimateMan
02/01/2006, 08:48 PM
You guys are great, Thanks a lot!

I'll check the records and try to get a feel for the condition, but what are the problems that tend to happen often with higher mileage VXs? I've heard about shocks and window motors breaking, but I was wondering if there is anything in particular that you expert VX observers have seen happen a lot?

Again, really, thank you for the replys!!

sature
02/01/2006, 10:07 PM
my friend bought a 99 with 140k for $4300. with rebuilt and polished motor. Still drives great with no prob. but i think that was a crazy deal compared to others.