PDA

View Full Version : Break-in hell....

BigJoe
01/27/2006, 04:09 PM
My VX was broken into for the second time in two weeks. :mad:

The first time the bent the tab at the top of the window, pulled the top out and unlocked the door. The worst part was that I heard the alarm and but by the time I got to the window they were gone, and so was my sub.

The second time they broke my window and destroyed the dash to get my head unit. They also stole my other sub.

I will not trust the stock alarm again. If they only break your window, it will not sound.

VX crazy
01/27/2006, 04:28 PM
Happened to me a couple of years ago on Christmas Eve! They did not open the door, but bent the side tab for the window and broke the window, took a pair of Oakleys they could grab. I had a video camera in the back seat with my gym bag that had 2 mp3 players in it, they did not notice that! The stock alarm will not sound unless a door is opened! I went immediately and got the aftermarket alarm with remote start! I hate thugs!

mbeach
01/27/2006, 08:21 PM
Where in Jersey City do you live?

BigJoe
01/28/2006, 01:41 AM
Where in Jersey City do you live?

Greenville section close to Danforth ave.

You know JC???

Y33TREKker
01/28/2006, 07:31 AM
The stock alarm will not sound unless a door is opened! I went immediately and got the aftermarket alarm with remote start! I hate thugs!

Sounds like good advice. With the VX being such a high profile vehicle, a more extensive security system is almost a necessity.

mbeach
01/28/2006, 12:15 PM
Greenville section close to Danforth ave.

You know JC???

I used to live in Hoboken. If I was on foot, it was usually in the vicinity of the 1&9 though. I always really liked Jersey City -it's a shame that you can't leave your stuff on the street and expect it to be safe.

A series of break-ins happened on my block in the spring of 2003. I was always lucky enough to find a parking spot next to my building, under the lights. I do recall putting a note on my dash stating something to the effect of, "...if you can read this, I'm watching you..." and an arrow pointing up to my apartment.

WormGod
01/29/2006, 03:35 PM
Eeesh, thank god for garages. I have no aftermarket alarm accessories on mine at all, except for a locking garage door. Late nights at work though, a different story. All alone in the parking lot with little to no lighting. We have had other cars broken into and even stolen from work, but so far, ine has avoided it all.

I may have to look onto some theft proof options though. I cant rely on luck forever.

Reg Hinnant
01/29/2006, 07:38 PM
A motion alarm would help since it is diffucult to break into the VX. I'm still waiting for lock parts so mine can be repaired. $1500.oo worth of damage to passenger & driver door. :confused: