PDA

View Full Version : No fan or heater HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!1

99VX4x4
01/27/2006, 10:16 AM
This morning before school i start up my car (remote from inside) go out to the car and notice that one the heater is not working and two the cooling fan is not running either....i drive to school fine with no overheating it was midway between H and C....now even when i have the heat or A/C off i can hear the fan running now nothing works and suggestion??

carlymac
01/27/2006, 12:21 PM
Your fan resistor has come unsoldered.
I noticed a how to post on re soldering the part you could serch for.
The short and skinny is that you need to remove the glove box door.
Then remove the fan resistor ( a six sided piece screwed into an hvac duct behind the glove box...Oh it also has a wire harness plugged into it. )
The resistor basically is staring you in the face once you get the glove box door off.
Anyway once the resistor is off, look at the edges. there will be 1 or 2 flat metal straps that have come unsoldered and sprung up. Simply push the little straps down with a little screwdriver and touch a soldering iron on the broken solder until it remelts. Then continue holding the little srap until the solder solidifies. Do this on all broken solder joints re-install the resistor and put the glove box back together...your fan will run like new.

LiquidVX
01/31/2006, 04:45 PM
Some how ALL of my solder points had come unsoldered. The repair was quite easy and I did not even read the how to. Whole things took maybe 20 mins. If you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself you can send it to me to fix or I think Tone does it too. Its a lot of fun, so try it yourself first.

99VX4x4
02/01/2006, 08:18 AM
thanks for the help to the advice..and now repaired