PDA

View Full Version : Sheared rear lower shock mount bolt

VR4-Quest
01/26/2006, 07:17 AM
last night while installing my OME 912 springs, I sheared off the right side lower shock mount nut. There is enought left to hold the shock in place, but not bolt and washer to hold it on.
So, how do I go about fixing this, is there a way to hammer out the old bolt that goes through the bracket, or do I have to get a whole new braket with bolt and cut out the old and weld in the new to the rear axle???
The lift when great other than this, she's riding high now!

Triathlete
01/26/2006, 09:35 AM
Are you talking about the bolt that goes through the shock "eye" to hold it in place? If so, you just need to replace the bolt. Should be able to get a replacement at any auto parts store.

VR4-Quest
01/27/2006, 02:00 PM
No, the lower shock mount, the one in the bracket attached to the rear axle housing, its not as simple as replacing a bolt like the top one is!

mbeach
01/27/2006, 02:35 PM
I can't remember if there is enough room behind that bracket to get a bolt through there.

It's too cold for me to go outside and look. You may have to get a new stud pressed in there somehow -worst case will require cutting off that bracket and welding up a new one.