PDA

View Full Version : help...

raver_boi_88
01/25/2006, 02:51 PM
so i feel really stupid... Lately I have been working on a photo assignment in the mountains around 2:00 am because this is the perfect time to catch the stars, and I went to park my truck on the side of the road and I get out, I know my emergency brake is on and its in park but i left the truck runnin. I got out took my pictures and when i came back low and behold my truck is in the bottom of a ditch, i guess it slid on the snow or somethin but it is the most retarded thing I have ever seen. No real damage was done but I do need a new front blinker, and new plastic cladding for the front passenger side because it is all scratched up but like i said other than that nothin major happened not even a dent...

Ldub
01/25/2006, 03:09 PM
Prolly a "BIGFOOT" related incident. Sorry to hear about the damage...though minor, still a drag.

Ldub

mbeach
01/25/2006, 03:38 PM
How bad is that cladding scratched?

I've removed some moderate scratches (from trees, etc.) with a heat gun set on the lowest setting. Probably 5-600 degrees. I keep it moving at a distance and it just makes them magically dissappear.

driver3
01/25/2006, 04:48 PM
Where were you? How far did it fall?

raver_boi_88
01/25/2006, 04:54 PM
I was up behind the broadmore hotel in colorado springs on old stage rd., the vx only fell about 3 or 4 feat, I think the scratches are two deep to take out with a heat gun but i will try it. I will try to post pics if i can get my camera to work.

driver3
01/25/2006, 05:15 PM
I've been back there so many times... were you on the main dirt road or did you take a side trail? I got stuck up there in april.. WAY more snow than I expected.. I high centered myself up there by mt baldy.... unprepared as well.. luckily there were others out there that Sunday that could pull me out.. whew.. I live probably 3 miles from the start of that trail

raver_boi_88
01/25/2006, 07:49 PM
I was on the main road maybe about 20 mins up from where penrose and old stage intersect...