PDA

View Full Version : Something sticking in fuel system

ThunderChicken
01/20/2006, 01:21 PM
Don't know what it is guys but sometimes my VX will stick in the high idle mode. I mean, say you are driving around 40 mph and when you brake for a stop light the car is still iding that high.
It will still that high until you turn off the ignition, start it back up and she is running normal. Sounds like something is sticking somewhere.

On the other side of the fence, sometimes when you start the car it will ilde up to about 1200 RPM and then die, when you put it into gear if you can do it before it dies it will idle right.

Question is, is this problem related or is it two seperate issues?

By the way, found the vacum leak. It was some chewed wires somewhere by the gas tank. Looks like a mouse got to it.

mbeach
01/20/2006, 05:31 PM
This is not good. I haven't heard of any such issues.

ThunderChicken
01/20/2006, 07:20 PM
We thought for sure that it was some sort of a vacum leak but that isn't the case. I've done the head gaskets, EGR, air cleaner sensor, and so forth.

I don't get the check engine light anymore but I don't know what the problem is with the fuel system.
Could it be the fuel filter or the fuel pump? Is there some sort os a throttle body I can check.

HELP!!!

Tone
01/21/2006, 12:41 PM
This is often caused by a carboned up idle control valve located on the throttle body and buildup inside the throttle body itself. Also, leaking intake gaskets (try searching on idle) or some other vacuum leak can cause this.