PDA

View Full Version : What Is The World Coming To????

thebear54
01/14/2006, 07:54 AM
Who said the price of the VX is going down ? :confused:

There is a battle going on for a 1:64th scale Hotwheels VX "Barbie" Prototype right now on e-Bay.
With one day to go the price is already up to $102.00........very scary indeed!

I like my VX toys but no way, no how would I pay that kind of money for a Hotwheels car (unless it was made out of gold) :p

Best of luck to the competitors....I hope it will be worth the investment :rolleyes:
John

transio
01/14/2006, 07:56 AM
Barbie collectors are insane. LOL!

Y33TREKker
01/14/2006, 10:59 AM
All I have to say is if that's a factory paint job, the people at HotWheels are definitely slipping. And I didn't even see anything (decals, etc) that had any relation to Barbie merchandise, so where is the seller getting that from? Car salesmen......gotta watch 'em every minute.

thebear54
01/14/2006, 06:39 PM
I've got a sneaky snake hunch that there is a scam brewing with this item.
One of the bidders has a ZERO feedback score, but he has been an e-Bay members since May,2002.
He is either a real jerk or a "plant" to force prices up...what do you think???
John

Y33TREKker
01/15/2006, 08:44 AM
He is either a real jerk or a "plant" to force prices up...what do you think???
John

It's very possible that the second bidder is a plant, or even the seller himself. The innactive account is just the sort of thing scammers are trying to obtain when they send out all those spoof eBay emails telling people they need to re-verify their eBay accoount ID's and passwords.

It seems to me though, that if a Barbie collector was going to bid that much on an item, they would know whether it was authentic or not. I personally question whether it's authentic (just by the look of it), but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who know more about Barbie stuff than me.

caveat emptor. :_shrug: