PDA

View Full Version : Passenger door won't unlock (power)

ctp
12/29/2005, 04:41 PM
The alarm beeps and the drivers door works perfectly. The passenger lock doesn't do anything. I can manually lock/unlock no problem.

Fuse?

SilverBullet75
12/29/2005, 09:08 PM
Howzit!
Have you tried to hit the remote 2 times?
That's how they normally work... Once for driver's door, and the second time for passenger.
If that doesn't work...
No go ovah da Pali any moah...
LOL!
Hope that helps!

kpaske
12/29/2005, 09:24 PM
If you were in a colder climate, I'd suggest that maybe the lock was frozen. It happens occassionally to me here in the Seattle area. Maybe you have an actuator that's gone bad. A test meter and/or a 12 volt power source should help you determine where the problem lies.

WyrreJ
12/29/2005, 10:18 PM
Does the child-proof setting just lock the passenger window or does it also disable the lock? Worth flipping it back and forth the next time you are in the car to see at least.

ctp
12/31/2005, 10:27 AM
Everything (windows mirrors, etc) work fine. When I hit the locks from the passenger side, the drivers side locks and unlocks, but not the passenger side. I can hear a slight "click", but the lock doesn't move. I can manually lock/unlock, and I can use the key to lock/unlock. The power (key alarm passenger/drivers side buttons) locks don't work from either side.

Also, the D on my dash doesn't light up when I'm in drive. P,R,2,L light normally.

Bulldoggie
12/31/2005, 11:18 AM
If you hear a click in the door, it sounds like the link arm has fallen out of the solenoid. It should be a simple fix, after removing the door panel.

ctp
01/01/2006, 09:38 PM
I didn't do anything, but now it works.

This is a weird vehicle.

Triathlete
01/01/2006, 09:58 PM
Sounds like the lock motor is starting to go. It has plastic gears in it and as they wear/break it starts to work sometimes, sometimes not. Mine did this (drivers side). Then it stopped working completely. I got my motor from OCWILEY who is parting his out. He may still have the passenger side motor. Drop him a line. Price and service were great. Its a pretty easy replacement process. Takes about 45 minutes and a phillips screw driver. Just be carefull with the little plastic connectors on the rods. They are fragile. If you have any ????'s just give me a holler. (I just replaced it this weekend).

psychos2
01/01/2006, 11:24 PM
mine does it on the drivers side when the lock needs to be lubed. shawn

ctp
01/02/2006, 02:40 AM
:mad:

It stopped working again.

thedutchguy
01/02/2006, 07:20 AM
you need the schematic of the anti-theft circuit.
the whole lock/unlock electrics are shown on it.

mbeach
01/02/2006, 01:04 PM
The passenger side door lock on both of my VXs freeze up at @20 degrees.
Not likely to happen in Hawaii, but there's some interesting oddities.

On the Ironman, the lock completely freezes. It won't unlock/lock, the key won't turn it, and the locking knob doesn't move at all. It's just stuck until it warms up. This sucks for the passenger.

On the Dragon, the lock still functions manually, but the power lock function is completely inoperative.

For the Ironman, I decided to disconnect the rod that attaches the motor to the locking mechanism. I loose the power lock function, but it's a small price to pay to be able to open your door.

I think that the motor's just crap. Strangely, I have not been able to find a suitable interchange motor (it seems that this one is designed solely for the VX). If you get it to open, you can pull the door panel and lube (I use a Teflon-based gun lube) the entire locking mechanism, from the motor to the latch to the handle. This will reduce the amount of strain that your e-lock motor sees. It might help it last a bit longer. The rods are fairly flexible, and will easily bend if too much resistance is encountered by the motor.