PDA

View Full Version : Name Of A Good Silicone Lubricant For Window

alleycat
12/29/2005, 04:07 PM
I just paid a guy $400 to repair window and he changed door motor and window
mechanism. After 2 days the window still goes up and down but it now it goes up real slow. I keep reading from you guys that lubricating the tracks with SILICONE spray will make window move more quickly but I have never heard yu give a NAME for the spray you are suggesting. Anyone know a name of silicone lubricant they have used that works on windows to make them go better?

biju
12/29/2005, 04:18 PM
I use 'Pyroil' spray made by Valvoline.

-biju.

tomdietrying
12/29/2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, that's what I use also. You can get it at any Pep Boys for about $3.00 a can. I'm sure you can find it at any hardware store.

I use it as a preventative measure for my windows. I went to Moab this past year and noticed my windows were barely rolling up because of all the dust. I forgot to bring the spray with me to Moab, but it was the first thing I did when I got home.

Peace.
Tom

WyrreJ
12/29/2005, 10:20 PM
When my window goes slow like that, I give it a hand - just push it towards the back and up, it will probably move a quarter inch to the rear when you first push. Otherwise you risk burning out the motor. Mine only goes slow when its wet from rain.

Bulldoggie
12/30/2005, 03:06 AM
When my window goes slow like that, I give it a hand - just push it towards the back and up, it will probably move a quarter inch to the rear when you first push. Otherwise you risk burning out the motor. Mine only goes slow when its wet from rain.
ALL VX's with window dragging, slow operating, binding, that the window is too tight in the front track, ect... I have not heard of anyone with the window too tight in the rear track, can fix this by reattaching the window farther toward the rear track
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/P1010004.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/P1010004.JPG)
My window works smoothly and firmly in all weather with no sign of slowing anywhere in it's travel since my repair, which cost $0.00 BTW.
this picture clearly shows the need to have slotted holes in the lift arm.
IMHO; THIS is the part "ISUZU SHOULD PROVIDE" to make all window complaints go bye bye, a slotted lift arm.
Picture is driver side w/ front track on the right hand side of picture (out of view)

alleycat
12/30/2005, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the info I asked for.
ed