PDA

View Full Version : Help Thule Fat Mouth Clamps

protonvx687
12/23/2005, 01:03 AM
I picked up the Thule Fat Mouth Clamps to mount a gear rack. I have been so busy that I couldn't get to it until tonight (before I head out for my trip.) And I can't find a mounting configuration that works. Does anyone else use the Fat Mouth Clamps with their rack?

Eyeballing it, it looked like it'd be hunky dorry. But there are some rubber feet that I didn't realize have to be inserted in the clamp mouth, and there are a bunch of different configurations. The one that looked the most liked was D (from the manual...if you have these, you'll know what this means.) I tried all four manual configurations and no dice.

Any help is appreciated. These are supposed to be "universal."

Mr.Badguy
01/23/2006, 07:17 PM
Hey there,

I hope to help you on your thule clamp question. Now, without the book being right in front of me it makes things hard to be exact, but the Fat Mouth Clamp is sold to be a Ski/Snowboard accessory adapter only. its not intended to be used on other accessories, which have their own "universal" adapters, like their water sports accessories. further more they aren't really "universal" Thule sells larger kits for larger load bars, for example Nissan X terra and ever growing number others. Last i checked with Thule, they couldn't help me with a rack for my VX