PDA

View Full Version : What next??

ThunderChicken
12/22/2005, 03:50 PM
Now, I'm starting to get pissed about my VX. After spending hundreds of dollars on the freaking thing (intake gaskets) the stupid check engine light comes on again today.

What's up with that? What could it be now? Any ideas?

AlaskaVX
12/22/2005, 06:06 PM
Go and get your codes scanned and maybe someone can help.

VehiGAZ
12/22/2005, 06:17 PM
Your VX is trying to tell you what's wrong with it! Don't turn away! Don't shut your eyes!

:-) I've been in a goofy mood all day. Yeah seriously - check the fault code. It could be that you didn't tighten your fuel cap all the way.

Raque Thomas
12/22/2005, 08:57 PM
It's a long shot, but I had an elusive check engine light that the dealer couldn't track down, and it ended up being an aftermarket PCV valve I bought at Pep Boys. The thing was 2 pieces (even though it looked to be one piece), and was letting air leak into the intake. A $3 fix that ended up costing me $75 in diagnostic time + time/effort to keep taking it back to the dealer + LOTS of frustration. It's worth a check, especially if this started happenning not long after a PCV valve change. Remove it, grasp the base of it, and see if there is play in it when you pull/push on the elbow.

Dare2Dream
12/31/2005, 11:31 PM
Autozone has free loaner code readers. Go there, hook up the code reader to the socket under the steering and follow the instructions on the code reader. That will get you the code and make it easy to diagnose. Also, that will allow you to reset the code.

I once got the engine light because supposedly I hadn't tightened the gas cap enough!

johnnyapollo
01/01/2006, 06:33 AM
Harbor Freight (www.harborfreight.com) has these on sale all the time for $29.00 - well worth the money and cheap enough for everyone to own one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=46030

-- John