PDA

View Full Version : SuperCharger ?'s

Johnnyh66
12/21/2005, 10:30 AM
Hello everyone, I'm considering buying a VehiCROSS with 50,000 miles. It has a after market supercharger installed and I was just wondering if anyone had any idea on added wear and tear to the engine w/the supercharger installed.
Aparently it belonged to a forum member.

Here's the link: http://carmart-usa.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=835198

Thanks

Ruflyf
12/21/2005, 11:34 AM
Johnny
My vx has had a alpine sc (previously installed) for about 25k miles or more, and it doesnt seem to have hurt it at all. After learning how it works I dont really think it adds any premature wear to the engine. Overall I am very happy with mine being a sc'd vx. But I must admit I also received the original head, etc., to make it stock again if I ever chose to; which was somewhat comforting.

When I bought mine, I was told make sure you dont forget to change the sc oil and it'll be fine....so far so good.

Btw, thats a very nice looking vx, and seems to be a very good price...assuming a good mechanic gives it a thumbs up.

hope that helps a little

Ruf

johnnyapollo
12/21/2005, 08:19 PM
That's a nice ride!

-- John

AlaskaVX
12/22/2005, 10:45 AM
I installed my SCer at 40,000 miles and am now at nearly 80,000 with zero problems from it. However just to let you know... if you ever have to change the belt it will be a pain. I think you will actually have to remove the SCer bracketry but I haven't had to do it yet, maybe there is a shortcut (maybe rotating the bracket that holds the cone) but without me doing it before I am unsure on everything it entails.

And that looks to be a great deal!!!!

Capri
12/22/2005, 03:19 PM
how often do you need to change the SC oil?

ScottinMA
12/22/2005, 05:27 PM
I installed my SCer at 40,000 miles and am now at nearly 80,000 with zero problems from it. However just to let you know... if you ever have to change the belt it will be a pain. I think you will actually have to remove the SCer bracketry but I haven't had to do it yet, maybe there is a shortcut (maybe rotating the bracket that holds the cone) but without me doing it before I am unsure on everything it entails.

And that looks to be a great deal!!!!

Wrong! You do NOT need to remove the SC nose brackets to change the belt.

AlaskaVX
12/22/2005, 06:08 PM
Wrong! You do NOT need to remove the SC nose brackets to change the belt.

Then how do ya do it? serpantine belt not the SCer belt.

ScottinMA
12/22/2005, 06:13 PM
Then how do ya do it? serpantine belt not the SCer belt.
release the alt. bracket.