PDA

View Full Version : New dyno...

Cyrk
12/20/2005, 05:55 PM
Finally got my VX back in the shop to tune and re dyno'd it with the new exhaust and with out the FMU hooked up.

Gained about 9hp over the Powervlaut generation one cat back.

216.21HP old set up 225.36 new setup, not too bad since I was already running a aftermarket catback.

Unfortunately it is way too loud for me and with my new baby this is just not going to cut it. I am going back to the shop, they found a OEM style muffler that is single 3 in and 2.5 dual outs (same as the Magnaflow one just longer) we will see how that goes. I know I am going to kill the power some if not all that I gained and them some but I need it quieter and I am hoping this will do the trick.

Anyone know how much power I might lose? I am keeping all then new plumbing 2.5 Stainless Steel pipes, Magnaflow cats and dual 3' tips.

Mike (morgan-tec), thanks for the offer on the muffler and your advice thru this whole ordeal.

-Dave

mbeach
12/21/2005, 08:38 AM
Have you done any sound deadening on your interior panels yet?

Cyrk
12/21/2005, 08:50 AM
I have not.

transio
12/21/2005, 09:11 AM
is that wheel hp? what does that translate to at the crank?

MZ-N10
12/21/2005, 10:22 AM
is that wheel hp? what does that translate to at the crank?

a stock vx is about 160hp a the wheel, rated at 215hp at the crank...so its should be atleast 280hp at the crank.

mbeach
12/21/2005, 02:00 PM
Those are formidable numbers.

You might want to ask some of the members who have applied sound deadening, it seems like it might eliminate the resonance that is causing your noise troubles.

Joe_Black
12/21/2005, 02:10 PM
You've done so much work with the exhaust to lose that hard-earned HP. A good weekend spent learning the ways of Dynamat would keep the interior solemn while letting those rampant ponies enjoy the outdoors. ;)

Cyrk
12/21/2005, 10:35 PM
I know I know... Just do not have anymore time or money for that. We will see how much I lose when I re dyno with the new OEM style muffler.

They say it is close to a 40% loss on the all wheel dyno. But they are not even sure. Thinking I am about 300 or so.

Cyrk
12/30/2005, 08:40 PM
Finally got the VX sounding how I want it... Removed the Magnaflow muffler and replaced it with a DynoMax Chambered turbo muffler. Replaced the 3” tips with 4" tips with 2.25 resonators in the tips. Also added a custom Stainless Y-pipe. Sounds great just what the doctor order... VERY pleased with the whole setup (2.5 Stainless Steel pipes all mandrel bent and tig welded into Magnaflow cats into a Single 3” in Dual out DynoMax Turbo muffler with dual 4" resonated tips) and it feels just as FAST as before Has a really low grumble now.... will get it re dyno'd again soon and post new pics of the tips.

-Dave