PDA

View Full Version : I'm a failure... craaaap!

coachreed
12/19/2005, 01:43 PM
Well, as many here know, I started a project many, MANY moons ago... installing the LS1 into the VX... I haven't got much left to do, but I find myself shorter and shorter on time every day... I haven't turned a wrench on the project in months and now I am ready to throw in the towel. Yeah, I know, I know... there are plenty who will say, "I told ya so!"... unfortunately, the scrapping of the project isn't do to it not being possible, its more due to life as a single dad... now I am adding onto the family... I mean, I am engaged and so will be adding a wife and two kids to myself and my son... more than will fit in my VX or my fiances car... so not only am I scrapping my project, I am also going to sell or trade my '01 VX too... I'll be waiting for my hate mail!

If anyone is interested in the project and details of what is remaining, let me know... its gonna be a serious fire-sale... plan to see it for less than the salvage value of the vehicle... if someone was looking for a project (putting it lightly), this is your chance... I will let it go for $4000 obo... I'm sure there is enough in parts value to make it worth it... it could be built to be a dedicated trail-rig with ease in my mind... if only I had the time! lol

If anyone is interested in a VX in GREAT condition, my '01 with under 60K miles, Silver with black/gray interior, completely stock except OME 912 rear springs and Nitto Terra Grappler 285/60/18" tires, I will be happy to work out a fair price. I just really need a minimum of five seats and I don't have time for projects or toys... guess I'm gonna have to wait until retirement... figuring at 34 years old, I'm almost halfway to retirement! lol

Anywho... let the hate mail and messages fly... I'll be around... in and out. I'll chat with y'all later! BTW, I can be reached via email at rreed17@kc.rr.com .

mbeach
12/19/2005, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that -I had been watching your progress with great interest.
But, you gotta do what you gotta do -I was just test driving an Audi allroad the other day.

All I really want is details of your experiences -specifically the challenges faced in weeding the wiring on the harness and finding a transmission to transfer case adapter.

Good luck in your sale!

AlaskaVX
12/19/2005, 02:12 PM
Bummer coach.... and I really wanted to see it come to life.......... So what do you have left to do? Last I remember you were just working out the wiring..... You have the tranny and everything hooked up correct? It's been a while, did you retain TOD? I am interested!

dkmiller68
12/19/2005, 02:29 PM
no hate mail here...glad to hear you found somebody!!!
Don

transio
12/19/2005, 02:34 PM
Hey Randy. Sorry to hear you can't finish it! Email sent! :)

Joe_Black
12/19/2005, 04:50 PM
No sweat Randy! Failure isn't measured as finding happiness in your life, that's called success. ;) Believe me, I'm the king of re-prioritizing projects and dreams. Seen any carbon fiber from me yet? Nope, but there's a 2400 square foot building sitting on a pallet waiting for the various production equipment I've been accumulating and storing. When will it happen? Who knows, I've got a family to put into a new home first!

So be happy! :) The nice thing about the VX is you can almost always find one cheap. Down the road you may find the time and an even better idea to make those dreams come true!

SPAZZ
12/19/2005, 05:51 PM
Quitter!!!!!

Beavertractors
12/20/2005, 01:32 AM
No hate mail from me.. :) Good luck with the familiy thing..when you sell it make sure they update us on the progress of the conversion. I would hate to see all that work gone to waste..

WormGod
12/20/2005, 07:32 AM
I cant hate man. I am worse off than you and I have no excuse. I havent even washed my VX since like June and I dont have an old lady or kids to worry about. For me, if its not work, it was moving. If it wasnt working on the new house, it was work. At least the VX has a comfy garage to feel neglected in.

Serioulsy, I would LOVE to finish your project. I have the garage space and everything and my life draining project at work is slated to end here in a couple of months. I should be coming into some serious funds then. If you still have it around by then, I will hunt you down. If not, best of luck to you and the new victim of your astonishing project.

VXcaver
12/20/2005, 09:54 AM
Get Navigator to sell it on Ebay for you! You'll get $25,000 for it, easy! :bgwg: :bgwg:

coachreed
12/20/2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words and support everyone... EXCEPT Spazz! lol Then again, I expect nothing less than that from James! Anywho... I have 2-3 people working on the possible purchase of the project... we'll see if/when that happens. The biggest thing would be that someone who buys it is a little more focused and less busy so they can get the job done... I would hate for its fate to end with my garage! Anyway... thank again guys!

Randy

Moncha
12/20/2005, 05:41 PM
Just be careful on the buyer.. looks like someone may be targeting you.

Navigator
12/20/2005, 06:50 PM
:naughty:

Get Navigator to sell it on Ebay for you! You'll get $25,000 for it, easy! :bgwg: :bgwg:

Navigator
12/20/2005, 06:59 PM
What you have done is pioneered the way for someone else. I must say yours was the most extreme modification I have seen and for that you should allways be proud :yes:

VX_PA
01/06/2006, 06:14 PM
Man, I was so hoping to come back on here and see the first VXvette. No hate here buddy, I have nothing but respect for what you have done so far on this project. I really hope someone finishes it and shares the accomplishment with all. You took on a task that I tried to talk you out of. Not only that, but you showed everyone that it will fit and work the way you planned everything out.

Hats off to you my friend, you pioneered where nobody else would. Good luck with the new family and don't regret your decision to sell. We do what's best for our families because that's what counts. If you are measured just on that alone, you are at the top of the scale.

transio
01/06/2006, 10:43 PM
Randy,

Did you and Alan ever finalize your deal? If not, I'm still interested!

Steve