PDA

View Full Version : Vehicross Resale Value Skyrockets

bumblebee
12/16/2005, 09:23 AM
Attention everyone that owns a VX. If you're going to sell a VX, don't sell it cheap. There are a lot of people out there that want one. Make 'em pay for it.

transio
12/16/2005, 09:43 AM
Bumble,

It is very difficult to control the market value of vehicles, even when there are only hundreds of them on the market.

Ultimately, it will work like this:

At any moment in time, if the quantity of owners who want to sell their vehicles exceeds the number of people who want to buy them, the price will drop until the number of buyers exceeds the number of sellers, at which point prices will rise again. These are the peaks and valleys in market value. Holding out for more money could affect this slightly.

Long-term, you will see a curve with an upward or downward trend. There are many, MANY factors that affect that curve. What you want for your VX is a very minor factor and will not significantly impact it.

TucsonVX
12/16/2005, 06:12 PM
Yea

thedutchguy
12/17/2005, 01:43 AM
Why would one want to sell his/her VX ? :_thinking :_thinking :_thinking :_thinking

thebear54
12/17/2005, 03:36 AM
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY RICHARD !!!!!

John

Beavertractors
12/17/2005, 01:17 PM
:cool: Lets all promise not to sell our VX's for book value,lets make our own price,say 30,000.99/99 If a buyer does not like it tell them its all Katrina's fault or even better blame the price on Bush. We can drop the price a little after a couple of weeks say 20-30 cents a gallon ect... :rolleyes:

thedutchguy
12/18/2005, 03:05 AM
I'm pretty sure the VX will become a classic.
What this does for the resell value I don't know otherwise I'd be filthy rich.
However driving a car that puts a smile on my face, gets heads turned around everywhere
and does everything that I bought it for is:Priceless!
:yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy:

Syntek VX
12/19/2005, 04:39 AM
I mean a retarded squirrel (not to knock on handicapped rodents :) ) could look onlline and see that even on ebay they are fetching between 8-9k and the cheapest one on auto trader within 100 miles of columbus OH where I live is asking 12,995. Which is important since many of the banks in OH are requiring an inspection in OH before giveing a loan for a vehicle. It's a little trick dreamed up to help force people to buy within the state to help stimulate the economy and screw us out of good deals on vehicles unless we can pay cash for the car. Well that's my coffee fueled morning rant have a great day every one and as John said why would you want to sell unless you had to anyway? Change that intake gasket, clean out that EGr valve, put oil in her, smoke the occasional Civic and then smile that you belong to one of the most elite clubs in the world.

Bryan

Cabana Boy
12/29/2005, 11:50 AM
I'm new here, but gona give my two anyway.
My experience with Ebay is that it is a wholesale marketplace UNLESS one has something exceptional to sell. I sold a Ford Lightning (dime a dozen) for a fair price, but got way over retail for a 92 vette with just a few cheap eyecatching mods (wheels and stripes) in great conditon. If you keep them up, in the long term its my opinion they will bring what a good CJ brings now (allot!!). In the short term we should be happy to keep up with wrangler....which is by the way one of the LEAST depreciation prone vehicles you can buy. Even though the wrangler too is small for an SUV and gets nowhere near the fuel economy it should. I just paid 14Gs on ebay for my 2000 VX, and know I got a bargain...........condition, condition, condition!

SuperDave
12/30/2005, 11:00 AM
Attention everyone that owns a VX. If you're going to sell a VX, don't sell it cheap. There are a lot of people out there that want one. Make 'em pay for it.

As the de facto VX Cartel we should be able to dictate the price and control the market.

transio
12/30/2005, 12:22 PM
Dave, that's only true if you can force owners not to sell. :)

SuperDave
12/30/2005, 12:45 PM
Dave, that's only true if you can force owners not to sell. :)

No force - just mass self discipline. I can only say that I won't take a loss on mine (for now). We do need some pub though. I haven't heard of any recent Baja or Dakar runs. A "Pimp My Ride" or "Monster Garage" spot would be nice.

transio
12/30/2005, 02:09 PM
Dave,

Believing that sellers can control prices on a parity item (e.g. a car) is naive.

You cannot force somoone to buy the VX for more than their perceived value of it. They will simply look at other vehicles, leaving more sellers than buyers, making market value drop even more.

The only way values will rise is when buyers exceed sellers.

VehiGAZ
12/31/2005, 11:16 AM
I just read in Car and Driver that the entire used SUV market took an additional 10% depreciation hit in the second half of 2005 - mostly from the cold-bucket-of-water effect of the spike in gas prices.