PDA

View Full Version : VX Won't Start - Problem Fixed

VXMAN
04/07/2003, 08:50 PM
This is an FYI, just in case anyone else has this same problem. Last Friday I filled my tank at lunchtime, then returned to work. After work, I drove home with no problems. When I got back into my VX and started it, it ran for about 30 seconds, then died! It cranked over, but would not start. It sounded like to was not getting any gas at all? SO, the next morning, I changed the fuel filter & spark plugs, which was planned maintanence anyway. Still nothing? So, off with the tow truck, to the dealer she went! Being Saturday, of course they didn't have time to look at her today, please call on Monday morning. So, VXless all weekend I was :sighg: Well, after waiting til 4:30 on Monday, I finally got the word. It's fixed! The problem was found, under the driver's seat, where the factory wiring harness runs. The wiring harness was rubbing against the frame, and shorted-out the wire controlling the fuel pump! So, if out-of-the-blue, your VX just dies, and won't start, have this checked out. I didn't sleep well all weekend, knowing my baby was sitting at the dealer! But, now she's back home, and we both are feeling better now :D

Dave...

Moncha
04/07/2003, 09:00 PM
Very good news and a helpful tip too boot!!

Glad it worked out for you..