PDA

View Full Version : In-dash DVD

TechnoPope
12/13/2005, 06:36 AM
For those who have installed an in-dash DVD head unit, where did you tuck the remote amplifier/module? There does not appear to be room under the seat so I am searching for an alternative location. Thanks in advance for your replies.

thedutchguy
12/13/2005, 07:18 AM
I mounted the brain under the passenger seat.
When you remove the seat, there is a piece of foam under the carpet.
Throw that out and your unit will fit oh so nice . :yesy: :yesy: :yesy: :yesy:

Tone
12/13/2005, 12:52 PM
I put a brain and an amp under the passenger seat and another large sub amp under the driver's seat. Toss the foam, watch for wires when attaching on the pass side, and you may need to trip or remove the plate on the bottom of the seats to allow the seat to move forward all the way. Or redo your dash and put in an AVIC-D1 that has all the brains inside. There are one or two fold outs that do not require the separate box but can't remember the brand.

shoota77
12/13/2005, 02:06 PM
I did same as tone...brains under the passenger seat, amp under the driver. Removed the metal plate at the back of the seat so they can still slide forward.

TechnoPope
12/14/2005, 06:39 AM
Thanks for your input. I asked the installer to place it under the front passenger seat and remove the padding if necessary. I picked it up this morning. He was able to put it under the seat and under the carpet, but it sticks out several inches from behind the seat when the seat is full forward. The corner of the unit is exactly where you place your foot to enter and exit. Were you able to place the brain unit forward enough so that it is not stepped on? Even if it can take the abuse, the sharp corner is going to tear through the carpet soon. FYI: I installed an Alpine IVA-D300.

Tone
12/14/2005, 11:15 AM
I put my longer amp on the driver's side for that very reason.