PDA

View Full Version : Timing belt ???

ThunderChicken
12/11/2005, 08:24 AM
Okay guys, my VX is coughing and sputtering. She has over 90,000 miles now.
I haven't changed the timing belt, would this have something to do with it?

It has a problem idling now. I've tried to blame it on bad gas but I don't think that's it.
I haven't changed the EGR valve but I have cleaned it a couple of times.
What do you think my problem is?

I'm wanting to swap it out for a newer one but I got to get it running smooth before I can sell it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

VCrossfan
12/11/2005, 09:53 AM
Check your Fuel Filter if that doesn't fix it check the fuel pump (pressure). I put a fuel pump in mine alittle over 1 year ago and just replaced it again(Lifetime replacement on this one). It was acting like you describe yours is. Good Luck...

Syntek VX
12/15/2005, 10:34 AM
I just had that same problem and it was the lower intake gaskets. My VX was bucking like a bronco and would stall after it got really bad. It would run good enough once it got going but under idle it was horrible and eventually started throwing lean codes.
Try shooting a little carb cleaner around the lower gaskets and the top one, if it revs when you do it it's sucking air through there. It ran me $250 at a local shop to have all three gaskets replaced. (probably a good move anyway since I plan on SCing soon.) I'd look into a new timing belt too while it's in. It's relatively cheap insurence compared to the cost of a motor.