PDA

View Full Version : Heater blower gone

v+choi
04/07/2003, 02:24 PM
Last Friday, I found the blower is not working :-(
Fuses are OK.

I am hesistant to bring my VX to local Isuzu dealer, because they might don't know how to fix it and charge me huge bucks.

Any body had same problem and able to fix it?

thanks,

Tone
04/07/2003, 02:28 PM
Try removing and cleaning / lubing it. Mine has stuck in the past and needed a sharp strike on the glove box to get it started. 4 screws hold it in under the dash behind the glove box - takes just a few minutes to extract with a phillips screwdriver. Replacement motors are cheap at the junk yard.

v+choi
04/08/2003, 07:34 AM
I will try that and will see
If the motor is worn out, can I buy that at ordinary stores?

thanks,:cool:

v+choi
04/17/2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks to Tone,

I was able to reach the fan motor, which was OK.
But there is no currency from the connector.

So, fuse is OK, motor is OK.
Now what??

Should I visit dealer's garage?

migil
06/10/2003, 02:28 PM
The blower motor in my VX has stopped working. I took it out, cleaned/lubed it and tested connecting it directly to the battery, however I cannot make it work connecting it to the blower connnector. Fuse is ok as far as I can tell; don't have a tester to verify the current on this line but it's safe to assume there no current to this connector.

Does anybody know if there actually is a resistor on this line and if so, where is it located? Hopefuly I won't have to take the whole dash out for this.

Sorry, don't have my Repair CD with me right now...

Thanks in advance for your advice.

vettewars
05/16/2005, 11:14 AM
Motor OK and no current at the connector.

migil
06/05/2005, 05:56 AM
If the blower motor is functional when tested directly with the battery but no current is reaching to it when installed chances are the problem is the resistor. It's not uncommon this part gets burned up when for some reason the blower motor gets stuck due to dirt/oxidation inside the blower motor plastic housing.

In my case it just took a good cleaning of the blower motor housing AND a new blower motor resistor - You'll have to take out the glove compartment to get access to it.

I'm sorry I can't provide you with a part number for the resistor -I seem to have misplaced my binder where I keep all my VX records. I got mine for St. Charles Isuzu.

I hope this helps.

Tone
06/05/2005, 11:09 AM
Will a blown resistor cause the fan to operate only on high?

OZ VX
06/06/2005, 02:21 AM
Tone. I had this exact problem (with the fan stuck on friken high, most annoying). I replaced the blower resistor (au$100) and it works fine now. On my jap spec, to get to the resistor only required me to remove the glove box (2 screws at the bottom), easy as, and 4 screws in total to have the resistor in your hand. If the US Spec has climate control, you would think that it would have a similiar system. Webshots.com is down at this moment, but i have photos on there of the location of the resistor behind the glovebox, with the resistor circled in red. My user name on there is flybysupra, if you have trouble, i'll email them to you.

I just hope thats it. Otherwise I don't know much more.

Triathlete
06/06/2005, 01:35 PM
Yep, resistor. They are pretty cheap. I replaced mine, cleaned and lubed the cage and all has been fine since.