PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lowered their drivers seat?

mr_spicoli
12/03/2005, 07:05 PM
I know I remember seeing someones profile that they had lowered seats. I need my seat lowered soon as my head touches the roof unless I sit waaayyy back :( .

Any help is greatly appreciated. Pics would be great. Thanks.

Triathlete
12/03/2005, 07:33 PM
You just need to get your gangsta lean on! :naughty: :laughy:

Bulldoggie
12/03/2005, 08:37 PM
Nazrat lowered his and posted pictures.
I may take a simular route in the future.

mr_spicoli
12/03/2005, 09:40 PM
Yep, I just found the post. From the description, it sounds like some hardcore surgery. Only a few pictures left showing the original mounts in that post and the photo gallery.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=4654&highlight=lowered+seat

Nazrat
12/04/2005, 06:29 AM
I hosed the gallery, but the pics are back up now.

-Tad

mr_spicoli
12/04/2005, 09:06 AM
Wow you have some crazy mods. Do you think the seat still has the same strength as before? It looks like a lot of work and I would like to do it, but I'm concerned that it won't be as strong as it was.

Ruflyf
12/06/2005, 05:59 AM
Hi, Just wanted to say being the new owner of Nazrats vx, if you need any additional pics of the seat mod, let me know. He did a very nice job of it btw, I cant really say if it has the same strength as stock or not, but I do believe its plenty strong enough, especially since its the seat belts that absorb most of the impact forces. I am probably going to lower the passenger seat this spring.

I do suggest doing them both if you do one, the main reason is that if you have a passenger, it is slightly noticable that they sit higher than you do as the driver.

Ruflyf