PDA

View Full Version : I'm willing to sponser 3 trophies

TDAWG
04/07/2003, 10:11 AM
Hey Scott and everyone else. If it's ok with scott? I'm willing to sponser 3 trophies to the people that have or can give out the most pass along cards. From my understanding there are atleast 4100 VX's here in the US. There atleast 300 or so members here. So that would mean that there atleast 3800 other VX's out there in the US that my or maynot know of our family. So what does everyone think is this a good idea?

Moncha
04/07/2003, 10:32 AM
Great idea! A membership drive!

I need to re-design the cards real quick but, good idea!!

AlaskaVX
04/07/2003, 12:18 PM
There is only one other VX up here that is not on this board. He lives in Kenai so I will be sure to see him this summer when I'm fishing. I met him before, and I think I told him about the site, but I haven't heard anything from him yet. After I get him do I qualify? I mean I would have gotten everyone in Alaska, and afterall thats more than twice the size of Texas! ;) :D I love saying that to Texans. hee-hee

TimG
04/07/2003, 01:33 PM
I hate people from Alaska. They make me feel inadequate in a way that no one from a state besides Alaska can. :)

Dallas4u
04/07/2003, 02:11 PM
Only one other Portland VX that I know of, and I haven't even seen him on the roads. How would you suppose I could win a trophy if (let's say for simple reasons) that there are a total of 2-4 VXs in Oregon? Should I travel the country in search of VXs?

I can tell you I saw one different VX every couple months in Dallas. Here, everyone drives Subes'...

nocturnalVX
04/08/2003, 12:35 AM
I have seen quite a few VehiCROSS owners around Chicago. but pretty much every single one of them have not shown up on either forum... pretty weak. I don't understand it. However, on behalf of the Chicagoland VXers that ARE part of this extended family, I'd like to say (once again) that's it is an awesome honor to be part of such a group. See ya in Moab!!!

BTW... Tim, are the other Texans gonna let you get away with even hinting at a little inferiority (even to Alaskans)?

Jay Dunford
04/08/2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by nocturnalVX
BTW... Tim, are the other Texans gonna let you get away with even hinting at a little inferiority (even to Alaskans)?

Unfortunately, Tim won't be able to reply . . . all his fingers were mysteriously broken!!

TDAWG
04/08/2003, 06:58 AM
Ok Peeps let me explain exactlly what I am talking about. I am willing to give 3 trophonies to the top 3 people who have given out the most pass along cards. It doesn't matter if those people are from your state or not. That means that if lets say NocturnalVX is on his way to Moab and he spots a VX at a rest stop that he is at and puts a pass along card on a a 99 ebony VX all he would have to do is remember how many VX's see handded out. This is going to be done on the honor system. If someone joins our club all they would have to do is say that NocturnalVX was the one that brought them to the family. See now isn't that much easier? Hey Tim now I don't know why AlaskaVX would make any Texans feel inadequate cuz you really shouldn't try living in RI where if you stood in the middle of the state and threw a rock in any direction you would probably hit someone in another state. That's how small RI is. Ask Brian (BBVX) about it when we had the Mohegan Sun meet. He thought he was about 45 mins away when he was really 5 mins away. LOL

TimG
04/08/2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Jay Dunford
Unfortunately, Tim won't be able to reply . . . all his fingers were mysteriously broken!!

I was just nformed that Texas is biggger than Alaska in spite of wht the yankeees claim. Srry for the mispelngs. I'm typng with my nose. :)

AlaskaVX
04/08/2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by TimG
I was just nformed that Texas is biggger than Alaska in spite of wht the yankeees claim. Srry for the mispelngs. I'm typng with my nose. :)

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!! Smack the hell out of whoever told you that!! I think whoever broke your fingers may have hit you over the head a little too hard if you believe that guy.. take a look at a globe! I think its closer to 2-1/2 times bigger actually, I was just being nice. And just to add ANOTHER FACT.. we have more coastline than all the rest of the U.S.A put together. Gotta love Alaska :D

JAFO
04/08/2003, 04:50 PM
Only one other Portland VX that I know of,

I'm near by, does passing them amongest existing members count? Doesn't help get new members though...

Vasha13
04/09/2003, 09:19 AM
Being from Alaska but currently living in Texas - I win either way!!;Dr;

TDAWG
04/09/2003, 09:25 AM
Any Votes count as long as they verify that you passed the cards along.;Dy; But it will count once. As soon as they confirm it then they can't say someone else gave them 1 card 2.

skullcap
04/11/2003, 06:08 PM
OK, what's this about cards? Where can I get em? or download em?

I've seen a few other VX's in my hometown. My mom even alerts me when she see's em (go mom!). I'd be happy to help promote this site to others who haven't found salvation in the safe embrace of vehicross.info.

So, I'll bear witness to all whom will listen and say, vehicross.info has not only helped my decision to own a VX, but has improved my ownership experience, as well (You can tell that to the folks at Isuzu, as well. They should compensate vehicross.info for adding real value to their product).

OK, back to my hunt for a local source for Van Eyes.;Dp;

TDAWG
04/11/2003, 08:32 PM
HEY Skullcap don't feel bad I 2 was one of those lost children. :yesy: I owned my VX about 4 or 5 months before I ran into someone with a Proton VX at the Super Stop and Shop here in RI on Mineral Springs Ave. I never did catch his name but he did lead me here and ever since I am not only happy about my VX but I have met a great group of people. If the Car Club I use to belong to was this great I would probably be still be with them. As for the pass along cards I beleive that Scott has in the downloads section. He did say he was planning on redoing them.
Hope the info helps.