PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, who's VX was this?

VehiX
11/22/2005, 08:20 AM
I hope the owner of this VX is OK :confused:

Looks like it hurt! Poor VX :noy:

http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/new_arrivals/000614.html

http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/new_arrivals/320x240/000614_pf.jpg

WormGod
11/22/2005, 08:46 AM
Looks like an F 350 didnt like the way that VX looked and wanted to give it a facelift. :(

Numba1goalie
11/22/2005, 11:32 AM
thats close to me. looks like the vx owner was gay though. hense the rainbow sticker in the back.

yal^
11/22/2005, 11:56 AM
what's the difference? :confused:
maybe just a supporter?
yet, we are talking about vx being hurt, not its owner's preferences...

biju
11/22/2005, 11:57 AM
Giving you the benefit of the doubt... I suppose if the VX had no sticker on the back you'd say:

"thats close to me. looks like the vx owner was straight though. hense the lack of a rainbow sticker in the back."

correct?

-biju.

WormGod
11/23/2005, 08:08 AM
Heh, now now, I doubt he meant it in any harmful way. I am sure it was just an observation.

I can imagine that sort of impact really took a toll on his/her back and neck. That impact reads "VX did a 360". Probably even lickier it didnt push it into a roll.

From the pic posted, looks like another mashed up VX behind it. Already been scrapped for parts too. Makes me sad. :(

VX1
11/23/2005, 07:52 PM
Yes, God forbid you piss off the P.C. police. Just utter one word that insinuates someone else is different in any way and prepare to be attacked. Always on the lookout for a new way to get offended. To describe a homosexual as gay is not to hate gays. If you feel compelled to be offended though, here’s a tidbit for ya: I love my VX; have for five years, and couldn’t imagine what could replace it. But if I opened the paper tomorrow and read that homosexuals have declared the VX as their official vehicle (e.g. VW Beetle), it would be gone, gone , gone, and not because I hate gays, but because I love myself enough not to be viewed as one. That’s the truth to me, and ~80% of the people out there, but I’m not allowed to say it, because I might offend the other 20% or so. So I never said it. I NEVER SAID IT. I will say that this P.C. krap in this country is out of control.

Also, I think the BMW Z4 is a beautiful, sharp car, and I’d own one in a second, but it seems to be viewed as gay for some reason. I DIDN’T SAY THAT EITHER.

Back on-topic, it’s amazing how well VXs survive (and more importantly, the occupants survive) major collisions. Very sad to see. How many could be left in the U.S.?

MZ-N10
11/23/2005, 11:18 PM
wait wait wait.....we have a 5 speed?

Numba1goalie
11/24/2005, 02:47 AM
thank you thank you. for the record, it was just an observation and not any kind of insult or joke.

When i said "looks like the vx owner was gay though. hense the rainbow sticker in the back.", i promice i was just stating the obvious and by no means relating the accedent, injury, or location of vehicle to that persons sexual preference.

Happy now? :rolleyes:

Numba1goalie
11/24/2005, 02:50 AM
by the way. I went to go see this VX yesterday. Whats left of it has some good valuable parts on it like the grill and as you can see, the inside and stuff is still good minus the pass door panels.

If i go back to get something i need I will pull the sticker off the back. :p

Numba1goalie
11/24/2005, 02:53 AM
wait wait wait.....we have a 5 speed?

I think that desricption was talking about what they have in their invetory and not that of whats on the VX.

WyrreJ
11/24/2005, 05:13 AM
Was it just a rainbow, or was it one of those "ho-hum, just another sh|tty day in paradise" stickers? Because that VX looks like it had one really sh|tty day.

yal^
11/24/2005, 07:25 PM
VX1: lmao ;)
You see, it's as if I told you I love to wear Victoria's Secret lingerie. Would you think of me as 7' tall, slender blonde? Yet, I am 5' tall, far from anorexia, brunette... LOL Would you be disappointed that you were mistaken?
Sticker doesn’t make you gay. Car doesn't make you gay. What they say, doesn't make you gay...

And really... F*** P.C. police. Lets just not judge before we get to the truth.

What scares me though, is how fast VX population is dwindling…

Numba1goalie
11/25/2005, 12:15 PM
i will give $5 to the first person i meet who has a rainbow sticker like that one on the back of there car and isnt gay.

VX1
11/25/2005, 07:40 PM
Yal^>Actually, my wife is 5' tall, shapely, and brunette, and seriously she's the most beautiful thing I've every laid my eyes on, so no, I would not be disappointed! I understand your point is the ol' "don't judge a book by it's cover' adage with the Victoria Secret reference, but in this case, the stickers do truly make them gay. They use them as a "gay pride" kind of thing and as a way to identify themselves to other gays. So when someone sees that particular sticker, they can be easily identified as gay, and that's not putting them down; they are proud of it, and want to be identified as such. It's a good idea I suppose; it would have been cool to have the heterosexual equivalent when I was single, to let the ladies know I was open for business. Anyway, I am sorry for the tone I used (in the things I DIDN"T SAY), but the couple of posts after Numba1goalie's just struck a nerve, and I got up on my soapbox before I even knew it. I should have just said: I definitely don't hate gays, but it would really bother me if I saw many more of those stickers on VehiCrosses. But, I'm a little shallow, don't mind me.

Back...slightly on subject (population dwindling), all VX owners I've ever met have really been great, and I hate to see them leave the club, but on the other hand, the exclusivity of the VX is really, really nice. Do you know how much you’d have to pay to be this exclusive anywhere else? True exotics are so expensive, and that’s only talking about the maintenance. Less than exotics, say in the Jaguar XK – Mercedes CL range really aren’t built a whole lot better than your run-of-the-mill Mustang GT, but you’re paying heavily for the exclusivity. I get it for free with the VX; such a great thing!

I will say that I only see another VX once every few months, so we might be exclusive enough- nobody go anywhere (exclusive == good, extinct == bad).

SuperDave
11/25/2005, 11:00 PM
I hope no one was sitting in the front passenger seat.

Maugan_VX
11/27/2005, 03:15 PM
Yal^>Actually, my wife is 5' tall, shapely, and brunette, and seriously she's the most beautiful thing I've every laid my eyes on

Pics or it never happened :P

VX1
11/28/2005, 06:19 PM
Alright, good call...

Circa 5 years ago when we met:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Lili.JPG

And here's the Swett family in the '05 Christmas photo:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/swetts.JPG

There, so THIS happened! :)

Numba1goalie
11/29/2005, 08:16 AM
go get em tiger.

nice vx.

BuffArchitect
11/30/2005, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=VX1]Yes, God forbid you piss off the P.C. police. Just utter one word that insinuates someone else is different in any way and prepare to be attacked. Always on the lookout for a new way to get offended. To describe a homosexual as gay is not to hate gays. If you feel compelled to be offended though, here’s a tidbit for ya: I love my VX; have for five years, and couldn’t imagine what could replace it. But if I opened the paper tomorrow and read that homosexuals have declared the VX as their official vehicle (e.g. VW Beetle), it would be gone, gone , gone, and not because I hate gays, but because I love myself enough not to be viewed as one. That’s the truth to me, and ~80% of the people out there, but I’m not allowed to say it, because I might offend the other 20% or so. So I never said it. I NEVER SAID IT. I will say that this P.C. krap in this country is out of control.

Also, I think the BMW Z4 is a beautiful, sharp car, and I’d own one in a second, but it seems to be viewed as gay for some reason. I DIDN’T SAY THAT EITHER.

I guess bigots drive VXs too. PC or not, I take offense at your small minded comments. I wish I lived near Napa so I could sneak up and put a Human Rights Coalition sticker on your Vehicross. Then you'd have to sell it so that you could still 'love yourself'. What a crock! The amazing thing to me is bigots NEVER see themselves that way. That's why All in the Family was so funny. What amazes me is we laughed at Archie Bunker 30 years ago and yet there are still people like NumbNutsGoalie wondering around! Now I've gone and offended somebody! Oh well...

AlaskaVX
11/30/2005, 05:13 PM
i will give $5 to the first person i meet who has a rainbow sticker like that one on the back of there car and isnt gay.

LMAO!!!! Well I am pretty broke but.............

H
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m

HELL NO!!!!!!!

biju
11/30/2005, 05:57 PM
Well said buffarchitect.

I haven't replied again out of pure disgust. When it comes to bigots it seems they just don't get it. Sad to think some drive VX's.

In the replies above I sense some serious insecurity issues... However, it's sadistically rewarding to know some are so influenced/controlled by what people might think of them as a result of something they drive/enjoy/own, etc., that it cripples their life. Let them suffer, after all, they do it to themselves. On the other hand, I'm sad for them as prisoners of public opinion and personal ignorance.

For me it wasn't about being "PC". It was more or less, 'who cares?' What a stupid thing to point out...

Regarding the diminishing number of VX's out there? It is sad. Agreed. I do enjoy the benefits of having such a rare vehicle though. No matter who puts what kind of sticker on their VX...

-biju.

VX1
11/30/2005, 07:44 PM
Yep, that's why I'd never make it in politics; I tend not to think like the common man. But, I don't strive to be common, so that means nothing to me. Debating with the other 20% also means nothing to me. I'd prefer you don't come to "Napa" and touch my truck. If I'm a bigot, I'm one of those nice ones that lives and let lives, you know, be whatever you want, just don't push it on me. "Small minded" would have to be the antithesis to what I am...but I understand it would make you feel better to see someone who does not share your views on bumper stickers in that light. Interesting that you should choose someone whom you do not know to look down upon, but I understand it makes it easier to do so. If I am indeed imprisoned by an ignorance, then by all means, throw away the key, because I do love where I am. Your sadness [ in me driving a VX] may take consolation that even I will sell it one day, when it no longer works for me, and shall make yet another self-serving decision of which vehicle to aquire.

Archie Bunker was not too funny to me. I am German though, so if you still feel compelled to find a way to hate me, I suppose you could use that and an "ignorance" for history and culture to explain why I don't get you.

Numba1goalie
11/30/2005, 10:41 PM
Yea i think this got way out of hand. I made a couple word sentence with no bad meaning behind it and now this thread turned into this? It may just be me, but I am amazed by how antagonistic you people have gotten over a comment I made because I was bored at home and just overanalizing a picture. I bet you wouldnt make such a tiff if someone walking down the street said the same thing to their friend, and you werent even part of the conversation.

WyrreJ
12/01/2005, 04:35 AM
#1 - the problem in your original post wasn't really the use of the word "gay" it was the use of the word "though":

thats close to me. looks like the vx owner was gay though. hense the rainbow sticker in the back.

That reads as if you were thinking about checking the car out in the junkyard, though since the owner was gay you probably wouldn't be checking it out after all.

In order to illustrate the impression given to the reader, look at these word substitutions:

thats close to me. looks like the vx owner was black though. hense the X sticker in the back.

thats close to me. looks like the vx owner was a child molester though. hense the NAMBLA sticker in the back.

VX1 - You said:

Interesting that you should choose someone whom you do not know to look down upon,

Buffy ain't looking down on you personally, he's looking down on ANYONE who would say:

But if I opened the paper tomorrow and read that homosexuals have declared the VX as their official vehicle (e.g. VW Beetle), it would be gone, gone , gone, and not because I hate gays, but because I love myself enough not to be viewed as one.

BuffArchitect
12/01/2005, 05:03 AM
WyrreJ is right on the money.

People either 'get it' or you don't. If they don't get that their negative opinions about people based on age, religion, race, gender, sexual orientation are prejudices, nothing anyone says in an inconsequential car forum will matter. The world is slowly changing to be a more inclusive and tolerant place and one can only hope that with time, those with prejudices die out and are not replaced.

Have a great day!

VX1
12/01/2005, 05:07 AM
Bottom line: some were quick to attempt an attack on Numba1goalie just for pointing out the obvious, I merely felt obliged to really give ‘em something to cry about. But that is how I feel, so if that one comment I made saddens/disgusts or gives an excuse to look down on me, oh well, that's sad from my point of view. It works for me though, so please don't cry for me Argentina. I am a very nice and intelligent individual though; oh where, oh where did I go astray? (That is a rhetorical question)

Wow, and I just read this from Buffarchitect (I happen to be a certified systems architect myself, and quite buff), anywho, you want people to "die off" that don't share your beliefs? Really? Yes, I see the world getting really tolerant there. That's the kind of tolerance that had my family leaving Germany in the late 30's. Bomb many abortion clinics lately to save a life? (again, completely rhetorical). Congratulations, you have just demonstrated absolute hypocrisy.

yal^
12/01/2005, 07:44 AM
Ok... I think it's time to put this topic to the rest.
I say, get together, have a beer and have good, long and satisfying discussion as to where who stands...

biju
12/01/2005, 07:51 AM
That would be nice, wouldn't it?

we could meet... in a place like Moab... next year... in May... :)

-biju.

mbeach
12/01/2005, 08:20 AM
I wondered where this thread would go. It seems to have gone into the crapper and taken everybody's day with it.

I am forced to ask:
Who really cares what your sexual orientation is? This is a vehicle enthusiast's forum, not a singles chat room.
I have issues with anyone who makes a public statement (sticker or comment) about what should be a private matter. And since when did someone's sexual preference become the key to defining who they are as a human being?
If you're gay -we can tell (with or without a sticker), and the truth is, we don't care.

VX1
12/01/2005, 10:12 AM
Now that I have so successfully ruffled the feathers of those so willing to attack the ideas of another, it allows me the opportunity to teach. And I say this, not to appear as though I know it all, and with no ulterior motive other than my humble desire to help mankind where I can:

It is better to be kind rather than right.

That little bit of wisdom will serve you so much better than any attack you can formulate to defend your current beliefs. It was not my wish to be “right” in this dialog, but rather to demonstrate that those so quick to condemn another’s thoughts may themselves not be great warriors of tolerance.

I am not naïve enough to believe that I have really taught anything here; knowing the human psyche, I know that these words may inflame more. “What arrogance to think he can teach”. Anyone can teach.

What does this have to do with a crushed VX with a rainbow sticker? My aim was to inspire consolidarity where I saw an attack on a fellow VXer, but that may not be possible given the nature of the subject at hand. I vote for closing the topic.

Numba1goalie
12/01/2005, 10:47 PM
That reads as if you were thinking about checking the car out in the junkyard, though since the owner was gay you probably wouldn't be checking it out after all.

Just to clarify, thats not what I ment. I didnt mean anything at all accually. And I am wondering if vehicross.info needs to put a translator in there reply boxes so that you can translate this:

I was mearly stating the obvious and did not mean for this to turn into a 3 page hibbity-who-blah.

whew, i guess now you guys can pack up your things and move your camp sight to another thread where someone called their tourque wrench a socket wrench...Oh my!

edit: thanks to VX1 for being one of the more commonsensical people in this thread.