PDA

View Full Version : Best place for engine replacement

steelzeus
11/18/2005, 02:04 PM
hey guys i know im new but my motor went yesterday with about 80,000 on it. do you guy know where the best place to get a motor would be. wether it be used or remanned. the best i have seen so far is 2700. for a low mileage used one I would like to get around the 1500-2000 mark if possible as im broke. thanks for the help

alleycat
11/18/2005, 03:24 PM
Your used engine is going for 2000-3400 dollars plus shipping and installation. I worked in salvage yards for many years and just want to warn you that they can pull many tricks in mileage and condition of parts. You will have to do your homework. If yu need suggestions let me know.
Since money is an issue, you may want to find if other type Isuzu trucks that year may have engines that will interchange and go for that.
Noone will know the difference except you

steelzeus
11/18/2005, 08:25 PM
there is a knock in the lower part of the engine im thinkin that it is a rod knockin. should new rod bearings take care of that problem i hope?? i can rebuild and pull the engine if necessary.

alleycat
11/19/2005, 05:21 PM
In my opinion that would be a waste of time and money unless you have lots of experience in that area. I see done what you are talking about usually if yu have no other choice because used, rebuilt, or new engines are not available.
The complete used engine is the wqy to go but you have to spend some time locating a good low mileage, low price one. Get on the computer. I always have luck there. Never fails. . .