PDA

View Full Version : I'm a father!!!... again & again!!!

biju
11/13/2005, 03:48 PM
I'm a proud new father, and this time her identification number ends in #0130! I've purchased a gently used, no mods, low mileage 01 Proton Yellow VX as a friend and playmate for my 01 Green Dragon Mica VX.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/two_is_better_than_one.jpg

I've grown really fond of the VX and all it entails - design, (short) history, the people who share the same interest and all its 'quirks'. Since the Dragon I knew that one day I'd own another one, but wasn't sure when. It was something that's always been in the back of my mind. I've consistently scoured the web looking for another one with no color in mind, albeit I did slightly prefer the Proton or Foxfire.

It was in that continuous 'scouring' the web I ended up locating yet another vehicle that I purchased last month. After some consulting with morgan_tec I purchased a gray 2002 Axiom XS. You were right morgan_tec, DAMN those are nice rides!!! But I digress, back to the VX!!!

I found her on Thursday night, ended up making my very first Internet purchase. (Highly recommended. No foooking hassles at all!) Flew out the very next day to pick her up in Modesto, California. I spent most of Friday and Saturday driving back home to Colorado. It was a blast!

Now… If I can just figure out how to split myself in two so I can get BOTH of them out for next years ZuZoo…

-biju.

transio
11/13/2005, 04:13 PM
Very nice! :)

Joe_Black
11/13/2005, 04:23 PM
Congrats! Everyone should have two! ;)

PeteVX
11/13/2005, 04:52 PM
Cool! i also bought mine over the internet, flew out to NY and drove it back 1100 miles to mpls, it too was one of the most memorable road trip i've had.

Just seen a silver VX for sale at Lupients here in Minneapolis on the lot for $8,999 i'm guessing it must be a 99.

If anyones interested i can find out more.

Pete

transio
11/13/2005, 05:01 PM
I bought mine in Chicago over the internet and drove it back to Miami. Also a great roadtrip! :D

hugabone
11/13/2005, 05:02 PM
I think I may have seen that on Autotrader last week. If it wasnt 2400 miles away, I might have jumped on it.

Vfrider1
11/13/2005, 07:20 PM
Yer killin me.. If you see a blue pacifica driving by your house don't call the cops..it's just me drooling and still looking for a replacement for my Ironman..

John
Also in Westminster.

MSHardeman
11/14/2005, 07:48 AM
Lucky S.O.B. I hope that I'll be able to own another one some day. My Ebony needs a playmate.
If you ever need help driving both of them, just let me know.

WormGod
11/14/2005, 07:49 AM
Congratz! You a Green bay Packer Fan? Green and yellow huh.... ;)

biju
11/14/2005, 10:50 AM
Joe: I completely agree! It’s a pretty neat feeling. I’m using one as my every day VX and the other as the ‘collector’ car. Is that similar to what you have going on?

Mark: Indeed. Three’s better than two, so stop by anytime you’re in the area. We’ll do drinks or something…

Pete/Steve: I’m now a devout and lifelong internet auto consumer! What an experience. Kind of a *rush* doing such a large purchase literally site unseen (to me a large purchase anyways…). The dealer really helped a lot. He was willing to take detailed close up pictures of anything I wanted. Then from those pictures if I saw something of interest, he’d send me even more to review. Also picked me up from the airport, put new OEM tires on (found a pair collecting dust locally I guess), etc… Then the drive home was sweet. 1400 miles of pure bonding time.

Hugabone: If you’re able to, the drive was (for me anyways) the best part! The purchase ‘high’ lasted the entire trip!

Vfrider: LOL… I warned my neighbors already! Seriously, we’re literally in the same neighborhood. When you grab yours drop me a PM. Same offer for drinks.

Wormgod: I went to the University of Minnesota. Although I’m a Broncos fan, I’m also a Vikings fan to some extent…(strange, huh?) While in Minnesota the Packers were, well, THE despised team (at least amongst my acquaintances anyways.) It never dawned on me that the VX’s are Packer colors until you mentioned it. I might have to sell one now just for that very reason! :eek: :p :eek:

Mikeys00vx
11/14/2005, 06:54 PM
I flew to Columbus, OH and drove my 00 Foxfire back to Charlotte, NC. What an awesome ride through the hills of West Virginia!

Mikey