PDA

View Full Version : VX Sales

Robyn
11/12/2005, 07:36 PM
Being new to this site...and thinking about getting a VX, I have zero experiance with a VX other than what I've seen locally (their looks got my eye)...and what I've seen on this site and what sells (or really what doesn't) on Ebay, I'm wondering what are they really worth? I've seen them sit on dealer lots for months and have watched most go unsold on Ebay (only to show up again later to go through the cycle)...I know they are worth what a buyer will pay (let's get real)...but if I check out KBB everyone listed is over priced. And put 90,000 miles on it and it sure doesn't sell like that Honda. I'm not a fanatical VX'r (yet)...but what is reasonable? It seems to come down to color and mileage...so if I'm looking for an 01 with less than 50K, (not real choosy on the color) and who doesn't want it pristine, what's a reasonable price?

Triathlete
11/12/2005, 08:05 PM
$2000000 but just for today I'll sell you mine for half that! :naughty: :dance:

transio
11/12/2005, 09:00 PM
I'm wondering what are they really worth? Not as easy to answer as you might think.

I know they are worth what a buyer will pay (let's get real)...but if I check out KBB everyone listed is over priced. That's a simplistic analysis of market value. There's a balance between what buyers are willing to pay and what seller's are willing to sell for that determines mean and/or median market value. With a rare vehicle like the Vehicross that simultaneously has low demand, the market is much harder to estimate effectively than a Honda, which is high production, high demand. You'd be better suited looking at pricing trends of vehicles with similar quantities, traits, and demand.

so if I'm looking for an 01 with less than 50K, (not real choosy on the color) and who doesn't want it pristine, what's a reasonable price?Now you've given enough details. Not being picky about color, I'd say you could get one somewhere between 13-16k, depending on how close it is to you, the condition it's in, and whether you get it from a dealer or individual.

My personal slight on the VX market is that prices will bottom out just under 10k. After that, there will be a slow, but steady rise over time.

VehiGAZ
11/13/2005, 06:40 AM
I'll throw in my endorsement of transio's guesstimate - with a nudge toward the low end of that range because of the currently high gas prices.

This is a funny market to make sense out of, though. For example, there was a guy near Rochester who recently had his Foxfire red VX on eBay starting at $13,500, while KBB and Edmunds put the value of it around $11,000. I e-mailed with him about it because I'd love to trade up to a newer, low-mileage red VX, but I thought that the price was too high. He was pitching it for its rarity ("only 210 ever made in this color!"), but I thought it was just too much of a premium to pay.

Anyway, I had to bow out because we had to replace my wife's car, but I kept watching it. The seller was encouraged by the numebr of people watching the auction, but dropped the price a bit. What happened? No bids. He relisted it for $12,000 or so, and ended up dropping the starting bid down to $10,000 or so. I thought that would get the action going and he would sell it, but he STILL got no bids!

So my short answer is - don't find yourself on a seller's "it's rare! You love it! Pay me top dollar!" hook, and don't pay over the KBB/Edmunds fair value.