PDA

View Full Version : Why you shouldn't rip people off on the internet

Triathlete
11/12/2005, 03:50 PM
This (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203) is a long but classic thread! This guy is now famous for being stupid. Over 45 pages and 250,000 views! Tread is rated "R" for lanuage! :bwgy:

Y33TREKker
11/12/2005, 04:47 PM
Quite a read I must say. The trouble is (I think), is that for every over-privelaged CW that gets caught like that, there are plenty more out there these days who will think that the only thing he did wrong was GET caught.

At least this one didn't get away with it.

Triathlete
11/12/2005, 07:17 PM
He appears to be the latter!

Maugan_VX
11/12/2005, 07:39 PM
damn thats a ton of reading.

Someone needs to post a summary.

I read the first 7 pages or so and go the general gist of what the dumbass kid did.

I want to hear about the retribution now :)

Joe_Black
11/12/2005, 07:42 PM
Priceless. I can't believe I read the whole (53 pages!) thing. Shoulda played CS:Source instead. :p

transio
11/12/2005, 08:03 PM
I'm on page 7. Does the guy get his *** kicked or what?

SRCHN
11/12/2005, 08:05 PM
First of all, I laughed my *** off. But after thinking about it, wow...that's pretty scary. I myself have had my *** ripped off in the past, but this was just unreal. This poor kid (well, at least in the sense that he will probably be put in the hospital) tried to scam some guy, and they found EVERYTHING out about him. When I saw the addresses and phone numbers come up I was like "ok, that's bad..." then when I saw Terra Server pics of his house, yearbook photos, and pics/profiles on his parents, I was like "holy ****!" I honestly, after spending the last 2 hours of my life reading that post, dont think he learned a thing. All I can say is if you even think you're safe behind your computer, guess again!

Hope you watch your back Charlie!!

SRCHN :cool:

transio
11/12/2005, 08:29 PM
I honestly, after spending the last 2 hours of my life reading that post, dont think he learned a thing.Sadly, some never do. Not worth wasting your energy trying to teach them a lesson. They're the real-world equivalent of "dead money" in a poker tournament. :D

Triathlete
11/12/2005, 08:32 PM
Short version (which in no way does the thread justice)...
College kid advertises new gear for sale for $100 + shipping. Buyer sends check. Seller cashes check then changes price telling buyer to send him more monSeller appologizesey. Buyer says send mygears or return my money. Piates join in demanding justice...in only the way they can! Seller talks smack. Sellers name, address, phone#, mom dad sister brothers names, vehicles, links to other boards he posts on, high school pictures, etc., etc., etc. are posted on the site. People threaten to vist his house if he doesn't make good on the deal. Post gets posted on numerous other sites. Gears arrive but are used not new as seller claimed. Buyer wants money back. Seller talks more smack. Seller returns money. Seller talks more smack. Receives phone calls. Returns calls and talks smack. Seller makes appologies...but its too late. Seller is famous world wide. Seller is OWNED!

Seriously..you got to read it to get a eal laugh (in a warped kind of way)!
The kid got seriously "Wendelized"!

MZ-N10
11/13/2005, 06:02 AM
well....i got work in 3 hours...havent slept in 21hours.....THANK YOU TRIATHLETE.....

Y33TREKker
11/13/2005, 07:09 AM
well....i got work in 3 hours...havent slept in 21hours.....THANK YOU TRIATHLETE.....

:lol:

I think the guy with the icy-highway pileup analogy summed it up about the best.

Triathlete
11/13/2005, 09:31 AM
You are quite welcome NZ! :bwgy:

kobie
11/13/2005, 10:19 AM
This is how that guy BillH should have been handled, no?

Triathlete
11/13/2005, 10:56 AM
Its up to 65 pages and 585000 views as of noon today (Arizona time)! ;eeky;

Triathlete
11/13/2005, 11:32 AM
Charlie is now everywhere...do a google search of his name. There are web site dedicated to him. And then there is this...

...http://ganjataz.com/smileys/01-signs/images/iwatchedchucklesgetowned.gif

:laughy: :laughg: :laugho:

VXcaver
11/14/2005, 09:25 AM
That was hilarious but in a scaryfunny way ;eeky; And now Pirate is down! Looks like all the attention crashed the site... ouch!

Maugan_VX
11/15/2005, 06:48 PM
the huge increase in traffic probably caused the provider to cut off the bandwidth.