PDA

View Full Version : U Joint Problems

tngerman2000
11/11/2005, 03:29 PM
I think I may have a bad Ujoint . When I come to a complete stop and let off of the brake the VX lunges forward or feels like it does. Something like maybe stopping on a rock then after letting off the brake it rolls forward. This is the best way I can explain this. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this may be? I do not have any slippage in the tranny and there is no NOISE involved in this.
Any help would be appreciated

VehiX
11/11/2005, 03:41 PM
Same thing here, any suggestions? :confused:

I read a while back in a previous post that replacing the u-joint solved this problem. This doesn't seem common to a lot of folks here as there are minimal posts regarding it.

Kenny
11/12/2005, 08:45 AM
I think I have that feeling too.
When I come to a stop it feels like the car bunches up (the driveshaft does compress) - and when I let off the brake it's like a little "chunck" noise and the tension is released. I hope it's nothing major, I thought it was the front brakes grabbing more than the rear. For now, I keep all those nipples greased along the driveshaft and u-joints.

Triathlete
11/12/2005, 10:30 AM
More than likely what you are feeling/hearing is the TOD working (disengaging/engaging). This is normal.

AnalogVX
11/12/2005, 11:11 AM
I have had the same thing as described happening from the day I bought my VX. Keep the driveshaft lubed at all 3 fittings at the U-joints. I have come to beliveve it is normal operation when the driveshaft(s) compress.

Otto
11/12/2005, 11:38 AM
I had this happen in some of my other cars and it was the brakes. After some time the brack pads ware the rotors until they start to grab upon braking. The problem was solved after I had the rotors cut. If you feel the edge of your rotors thru the rim you can feel the raised edge I am talking about.